Da Vinici hysterectomy tomorrow...very nervous | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Da Vinici hysterectomy tomorrow...very nervous Da Vinici hysterectomy tomorrow...very nervous

Unread 11-28-2011, 07:52 PM
Da Vinici hysterectomy tomorrow...very nervous

Yep tomorrow @7:30am
Very nervous... Trying to gather my nerves!
I hear this method is good... Anybody out there have any pearls of wisdom to share w/a nervous princess?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2011, 08:05 PM
Re: Da Vinici hysterectomy tomorrow...very nervous

I had this one week ago today. Make sure your dr knows any concerns before surgery. Woke up in recovery with little pain. Nurses in the hospital kept me quite comfortable - don't be afraid to ask them questions or tell them concerns. Each day after surgery has been better than the day before. Keep a positive attitude :0) please go into the post-op forums and catch up on the comments from those who had surgery in the last couple of weeks - it helped for me to know that my feelings/concerns were those of several other women. Best of luck!
Unread 11-28-2011, 08:09 PM

Hi Iambatz, I did have the Da Vinci hysto as well. My procedure was done back in August of this year and like you I was nervous as well. I Had never had surgery and had no idea what to expect. From experience this was the way to get it done. I went home the next day feeling pretty good. The most discomfort I had was getting used to the catheder but it wasn't to bad. The pain meds worked great and by the time I got home I was only using advils.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2011, 10:14 PM
Da Vinici hysterectomy tomorrow...very nervous

I had a da Vinci 10/20. It was quite complicated but my surgeon made a couple of extra small incisions to save me from the big scar. I had to have my gigantic uterus removed vaginally after being cut into many small pieces. Sounds awful huh? Not so. I'm not going to tell you it was a cake walk, but I can't believe how quickly I was off pain meds-5 days. Personally, it took me three weeks to feel great. I would do this again no question. I could not have gotten through this without this site. Use us for questions, concerns and support. My life is so impacted by having this hysterectomy. I feel so GOOD!!! I didn't know it would be this great. I had everything out and am on HRT. I'm 46 yo. Use the post op forums, we are always here. Good luck and see you on the other side.
Unread 11-28-2011, 11:01 PM

The jitters are starting to get me. It's after midnight and I have to be up in 3.5 hours to get showered and dressed for my 5:00 am check in. At least I get to sleep most of the day cause I'm sure not feeling it now.
Unread 11-29-2011, 02:30 AM

well I have to be at the hospital at 6:00 am. just tell you that bowel prep, oh dear lord, I couldnt keep it down either way, think I got maybe 3 hrs sleep. Best of luck to all the sista's today and wishing us all a speedy recovery (((((((((hugs))))))))))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register