Pelvic 'ache' - anybody experience this? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pelvic 'ache' - anybody experience this? Pelvic 'ache' - anybody experience this?

Unread 04-09-2010, 08:15 AM
Pelvic 'ache' - anybody experience this?

I am 6 weeks post op from TAH. Went back to work on Wednesday. I basically sit in front of computers all day, nothing strenuous but I have long at least 10 hour days and not much I can do to shorten them. Since going back I've had this generalized ache in my whole pelvic/crotch area that is pretty uncomfortable. I'm taking pain pills and they seem to help but I'm not sure if there's something wrong or it's just my body rebelling against sitting for long periods of time. Anybody else have this happen after they get back to work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Re: Pelvic 'ache' - anybody experience this?

Waterdancer40, actually yes I am also experiencing pelvic pain, I was also wondering if this was normal--started when I went back to work -I am currently 9 weeks post-op. I do stand of my feet all day but like you said it feels like the crotch is falling out!!! I go back for an appointment in 3 weeks( I will then be 12 weeks post-op) I guess I will discuss it with the DR at this time. Hope this issue gets better for the both of us! Listen do you also still get ovulation pain--I kept one ovary and I find myself still doubled over in pain during certain times of month--The same way I used to feel! I thought that would have gone away but i thought wrong! Anyway hope you get to feeling better..
TAH/LSO-Feb 3rd
Unread 04-10-2010, 06:28 AM

Please let me know what your doctor says, yesterday it was the same bad achiness and feeling swollen down there. I know exactly what you mean about the ovary pain, I used to have it all the time and it would bring me to my knees! but since my TAH I haven't noticed it, but I'm only 6 weeks post op. Hope you get some good rest this weekend, maybe that will help. I am dreading Monday already.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2010, 09:22 AM

If you weren't feeling it before going back to work and it improves over the weekend maybe it is from just staying in one position too long. I haven't gone back to work yet and I will be standing alot so i'm also worried about that. Maybe try taking more frequent walking breaks just to reposition and see if that helps? Or what i am planning to do is more sitting...i'm a nurse but will plan to sit to do my charting instead of standing! Good luck!
Unread 04-10-2010, 10:14 AM

Good for you for getting to work so soon! And 10 hours a day is impressive!
I am 6 weeks post op too, and have that horrible feeling too, when i sit too long on a hard chair. I moved my office chair into the kitchen, so when i sit at the table, i am much more comfortable. Maybe your chair is too hard? try a pillow or something? You never know, it might help!
Unread 04-10-2010, 11:26 AM

Thanks I'm definitely going to try that on MOnday...trying to rest today, hoping that will help. I have a couple of small pillows that I'll take Monday to see if I can get my chair more comfortable...and you're right probably getting up more often would be helpful. I've been so busy trying to get caught up haven't hardly moved so I'm in the same position for several hours.
Unread 04-10-2010, 01:22 PM

I'm three weeks post op and I get that pain when sitting up for too long. I was hoping it would go away before going back to work next week, but from your reports, it doesn't sound likely. =(
I guess I'll start with the pillow...
Unread 04-10-2010, 03:41 PM

Thanks for your sharing. I'm 5 weeks out of a TVH and I have pelvic ache off and on. If I walk, stand, or sit too much at a time it aches. I try to pace myself but with grandchildren around it is difficult. My Dr. saw me last week and said I was healing nicely but still had swelling so I can image why it still aches. Here's to our total recovery.
Unread 04-10-2010, 09:05 PM

kl319- Thanks for the input but I do walk around at work and do not stand in one position too long--I work retail so I'm constantly moving around so I dont know what is happening. When I was pregnant with my 2nd son I also developed chronic pelvic pain and I was out of work for 6 weeks prior to having him..So that was probaly from the pressure, I just dont know where this is coming from..Maybe I will call the DR rather than wait till Apr 26th! Hope you have a great weekend!

Waterdancer 40- I will let you know what the Dr. says about the pelvic pain, and I just wish I could rest this weekend but I happen to be working both Sat and Sun!! Lucky Me! This is getting rather annoying and it definately gets worse as the day goes on..Enjoy your days off!

TAH/LSO-Feb 3rd
Unread 04-10-2010, 09:45 PM

I am almost 13 weeks post op and I remember the pain you are talking about all too well when I went back to work at 6 weeks post op TVH, BSO, AP repair and TOT sling. Mine would start after sitting for about 4 hours. Like many of you, there wasn't much choice. My doctors had written for me to be off after 4 hours if needed, but I never did it because I couldn't afford it. I still get pelvic pain and cramping if I sit on a hard chair or do too much walking. DH and I went out for supper Friday night (Red Lobster - yum), but ended up at a table instead of a booth. I told him we won't be doing that again, because by the time we were done I was in pain from sitting on the hard chair. With time, it does seem to be improving. Hope that helps.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register