2 week post-op checkup went well :) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 week post-op checkup went well :) 2 week post-op checkup went well :)

Unread 07-03-2010, 10:50 AM
2 week post-op checkup went well :)

I had my 2 week post-op checkup yesterday and everything is going well. My incision looks really good, although I am still a little poochy right above it. My mom had a hysterectomy 35 years ago when she was 32 and said it was around 6 months before everything looked “normal” again. I am 37 and built similarly to her so I’m guessing it will be about the same for me. The pathology showed that I did NOT have endometriosis as they suspected, but I did have adenomyosis in addition to one fibroid about the size of a large lemon, and a few smaller ones.
I’m a little bothered that they removed my ovaries on the assumption of endometriosis that turned out not to be present, but am trying to make peace with it because there is nothing to be done about it now. I can’t exactly demand them back, and I am comforting myself with the reading I have done which states that often times ovaries left in will fail in a year or two anyway. I am taking Premarin 1.25 and using bio-identical progesterone cream. I will consider testosterone supplements in the future if necessary for physical and sexual fitness.
So, I am released to return to work half days next week, and full duty/no restrictions after that. I am allowed to have sex in two weeks (4 weeks total form surgery) and was instructed to begin a gentle stretching regimen because I am still hunching forward a bit in a protective stance. I worked on this a little yesterday. It’s amazing how difficult it is after only two weeks, but I am being very careful. I’m wondering if there is some sort of a massage that could help loosen up these abs a little? It seems I have heard of post pregnancy massage, and maybe this would be a similar situation.
All things considered, it seems that this situation is resolving nicely. Thank you all for the support I have received here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-05-2010, 08:52 AM
Re: 2 week post-op checkup went well :)

Sadie72,

I'm glad to hear that everything is going well for you. Do take it easy when you return to work.

Unread 07-05-2010, 09:13 AM
Re: 2 week post-op checkup went well :)

Hi Sadie72!

Thanks for sharing your story. I had a Total Vaginal Hystorectomy on June 15th, so I'm coming up on 3 weeks post- op. I don't have a follow up appt. until July 15th, and I am a little anxious about what they will say. I had adenomyosis and it was very painfull, sorry to hear about the misdiagnosis. I hope you find comfort in this site as I have, meeting people who understand...

As far as the stretching, have you tried yoga? I used to stretch everyday with simple poses before I had the surgery, I'm hoping I will be able to start back soon!

Happy Recovery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register