Not Scheduled Scheduled to see my doctor tommorow for surgery options | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scheduled to see my doctor tommorow for surgery options Scheduled to see my doctor tommorow for surgery options

Unread 12-14-2009, 08:43 AM
Scheduled to see my doctor tommorow for surgery options

I was given my results over the phone and i had cancer 8 years ago when i was 21 and have beeen in remission for 7 years after 5 years the type of cancer i had i was told was no worry to ever come back. but on my 8th year of being cancer free my doctor on a routine check up felt something on my right ovary which is my only ovary! sent me for a sono and saw a mass, so then sent me for a ct and confirmed a grapefruit size fluid filled mass with some tissue(complex) so now i go tommorow to discuss surgey options? I am fine and positive most of the time but now that i know surgery is rounding the corner i am a little freaked out or a lot freaked out. i know it could be nothing or something.. that linbio is killing me mentally. And i havent had any pains or discomforts is the weirdest thing but mentally i am waiting for any weird pain or i am constantly feeling my abdomin trying to figure out was that there before? is it growing? i am going crazy!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2009, 06:41 PM
Re: Scheduled to see my doctor tommorow for surgery options

jmg -

You are not crazy at all. I never had any symptoms other than heavy bleeding, no pain or anything and a D&C found my cancer. It is tough to wrap your head around surgery and cancer when you "felt" healthy.

We are all here for you. You might want to check out the Hysterectomy Checkpoints . This can give you information for pre-op and later after surgery as well.

Sending you

G.
Unread 12-15-2009, 03:03 PM
Re: Scheduled to see my doctor tommorow for surgery options

I saw my doctor today he said my mass looks to be mature which means begnin, but no way to be a 100% without taking it out and he scheduled my surgery for jan 4th which i didnt want to wait but he said he was ok with waiting and didnt see it urgent.. i opted to have a total hysterectomy! i am only 29 and he kept stressing that if he removes everything and if it is nothing that i removed it for nothing but in my mind i am thinking well if it is something and you leave everything there, i am going to be stressed all the time worrying about any little feeling.. So i am not second guessing the hysterectomy, i just want it to be over with and know it is not cancer! If it is i guess i can only hope that is is in an early stage.. any body have any thoughts or suggestions or especially successful stories pleaseeeee share!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register