weight gain or loss - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

weight gain or loss weight gain or loss

Unread 07-11-2004, 11:23 AM
weight gain or loss

here is what happened to me weight wise post op. first two weeks lost weight. four weeks later i gained ten pounds i was bored so guess what I did. my body craved junk and i stuffed it in. Anyhow after two weeks of cutting back i was not losing. so about a month and half ago I went on slim fast. I have now lost almost 20 pounds from it. I eat sensibly with healthy snacking allowed. I am basically at the weight or a bit lower then pre op and I can now wear jeans i have not been able to wear in a year and half. some are getting big. Also the swelly belly thing did not help thru this either but most of time swelly is gone.
that is my story
good grief cutting down a tree sweeping mopping and vacuming those are no no's. YOur going to end up with complications from doing this. You only get one chance to heal properly. Listen to other sisters who did that there was one on yesterday who says she is paying dearly for her transgressions. So get something from dr to calm you down. Your body has a lot of healing to do! I know that now I am four months or just past it and I went on a trampoline a week ago or nine days ago. That was stupid and geuss what the pains came back and have I have felt them off and on all week from one stupid thing like that.
anyhows you all take care and realize it takes time for our bodies to get back to the normal swing.
teresa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2004, 01:55 PM
My weight loss story.

I had slowly gained weight over the past ten years (I'm almost 43), and was up about 20# - never been good at dieting, and just not disciplined to get back in to an exercise regime (used to be a runner and weight trainer). Last summer, I spent 2 months in Europe (Lithuania to be exact), and walked EVERYWHERE. I lost 12# in the first 3 weeks. I kept it off once I got home, although I didn't necessarily change my exercise habits or diet.

2 months b-4 surgery, when I started feeling crappy ALL the time, I lost my appetite - lots of chicken broth and jello. Plus, two bowel preps b-4 surgery, essentially losing 2 days of eating each time. I lost an additional 8# before surgery. Now, here is it, 4 weeks after, and I am down another 7# for a total of almost 30# in one year.

I wasn't horribly overweight last summer, but quite a bit - the heaviest I've ever been. I am now the lightest I've been since college, I think, 25 years ago. If I keep losing more weight, I am going to be concerned. Of course, besides losing the alien weight, I didn't eat for 4 1/2 days (day b-4 and 3 1/2 days after surgery).

That is my story. Although I'm a featherweight now, I'm sooo flabby! I want to begin weight training again once I get the green light from doc. Until then, walking will have to do.

Esme
Unread 07-11-2004, 02:28 PM
weight gain or loss

My body has been through hell the past, almost, 5 years. August 7, 1999 I was hit by a car while on a training run for a marathon. Prior to that I had never had a weight problem. Afterward I started putting on weight immediately due to inactivity and my body's inability to immediately adjust to its new caloric needs. So, I went on a diet, which became a very stringent diet, which led to anorexia nervosa. I ended up hospitalized and fighting for my life.

How unfair it seemed when six months out, and maintaining my weight by following their prescribed plan, I was put on steroids, and gained 20+ pounds and DOUBLED my body fat in two weeks. Another round of steroids caused a 10 pound gain. Then, two other meds caused gains of 18 pounds (in two weeks) and 17 pounds (in two weeks), and these two were over a two month period combined. I've now been told that the last thirty-five plus pounds were compounded by astounding hormonal fluctuations. My hysterectomy was an emergency procedure. In the past three weeks, and I've been a good girl, since I am disabled by the accident, I've lost 10 pounds EATING THE SAME AS BEFORE--I follow a food plan and have this entire time *sigh* The possible good news in this for me is it is suspected that I will lose another 35 pounds from this point, which will put me at the top of my weight range. Not what I want, but "being that (I am) in a post-menopausal state and now over thirty and unable to achieve a cardiovascular level of exercise, this is a reasonable goal." This is to say my former level of fitness makes the little I can do barely budge my strengthened cardiovascular system.

I will not, however, stop trying!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2004, 03:01 PM
weight gain or loss

Shari -

Life has surely thrown you a lot of lemons in the past few years. I am so happy you are shedding the pounds. If I may ask, are you permanently disabled from the accident? If not, perhaps we can motivate one another to run again once our bodies are up to it. I was never a marathoner, although I thought about it. I always felt the healthiest when I was running, and it would be great to feel healthy and fit again!

When was your surgery? And I hope I haven't imposed by my question - if so, please forgive.

Esme

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register