Two weeks post hysterectomy: Are these mood swings normal? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Two weeks post hysterectomy: Are these mood swings normal? Two weeks post hysterectomy: Are these mood swings normal?

Unread 12-16-2014, 12:18 PM
Two weeks post hysterectomy: Are these mood swings normal?

Hello!
I'm two weeks post op and feeling pretty but good but I'm not feeling super in control of myself with the moodiness!
I had a LAVH and just had my uterus and cervix removed, keeping both ovaries and tubes. I just feel like I go back and forth between crying and emotional and easily angered. Plus, taking things way too personally. I feel a bit crazy and am hoping this is somewhat normal. This site has been so helpful in my recovery!
Thanks for the input!
~Courtney
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2014, 12:37 PM
Re: Are these mood swings normal?

I came here for the same thing. Three weeks post op and I am so emotional I feel like I'm going crazy. Happy crying and laughing a lot and then sad and angry ugh. Insomnia too.
Unread 12-16-2014, 01:14 PM

Hi Yvonne,
I'm sorry you're having the same problem! At least we're in it together and that makes me feel a little less crazy I'm having the insomnia too.
I hope it gets better soon for you and me both!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2014, 01:19 PM

Hi Ladies,

Me too- i am feeling very emotional and i cant sleep- had my hysterectomy on 26/11/14. i have also got a uti i found out today- so i am feeling very down.

At least we are all feel the same- the doctors really dont care after this op- feel very alone xx
Unread 12-16-2014, 07:08 PM

Hi ladies, the mood swings are normal!!! It gets better it just takes a while...several weeks for sure. The insomnia can be brutal too, but it goes away as well. Take it easy and give yourself a break! Find something you can do in the middle of the night when you can't sleep so you aren't just lying there-play games on your phone, read, TV, whatever. Those things helped me through the mood swings too-mindless activities that don't require a lot of thought or concentration and can sort of take your mind off your mood! You are all still in the very early stages of healing. Hang in there!!!
Unread 12-17-2014, 02:20 AM

It helped a lot to check these posts as I'm currently not able to sleep It helps that others are in the same boat too. I had my two week post opp appointment today too and my doctor said the mood the swings are all normal so that helped too. Here's hoping for a good day for us all tomorrow!
Unread 12-17-2014, 03:14 AM
Re: Two weeks post hysterectomy: Are these mood swings normal?

No mood swings , but the insomnia is awful.
Unread 12-17-2014, 04:44 AM

I've just started my 3rd week of recovery from a TAH/BSO/Appy. Right after surgery I started crying and felt like such a big baby! I'm a nurse and felt I should've be more in control. But crying is normal!! Despite the fact that I'm 10yrs postmenopausal, I still had major mood swings. It's amazing that commercials about dog food can be such a trigger!!! It's normal and ok to be emotional. Sometimes not trying to hold it in is a help. Go ahead and cry. I find I am doing it less and less and you will too.
Unread 12-17-2014, 05:38 AM

I am so glad it is normal i am 5 days out and they left my overies.i am not an emotional person and i have been crying at least once a day over commercials.i thought if they leave your overies you would feel the same as before.
Unread 12-19-2014, 11:30 AM

Oh my gosh the commercials!! And if anyone even starts to well up around me, I lose it. I'm so glad it's not just me. But I'll be glad when I feel more "normal".

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register