Tummy pillow with TVH? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tummy pillow with TVH? Tummy pillow with TVH?

Unread 06-10-2003, 10:54 AM
Tummy pillow with TVH?

I don't need one do I? I mean, there won't be any external stitches... but maybe I'm wrong... will I need the support?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2003, 11:28 AM
Tummy pillow with TVH?

I ahd a TVH on 5 June, very little pain, ( I have had worse period pain), no need for tummy pillow
Unread 06-10-2003, 11:29 AM
Tummy pillow with TVH?

But you will have thousands of stitches internally and it's the exertion of the tummy pushing when you cough or sneeze that you will feel. Pressing the pillow against your abdomen when you cough or sneeze or even laugh will help tremendously!

Please don't think because it's vaginal you'll feel differently. A lot of women make that mistake. The only difference is there is no external scar. Everything else is the same.

TC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2003, 11:36 AM
Tummy pillow with TVH?

I agree with TexasChick. I had a cough following surgery and my Dr. said to make sure I used the tummy pillow to keep everything in its place so to speak. It was a great help.
I think if you didn't do a lot of coughing like I did then you might not need it, but it is good to be prepared. If you have a general anesthetic, you will need to cough and deep breath alot so your pillow will help.
Unread 06-10-2003, 11:47 AM
Tummy Pillow may help!

Hello,

I had a TVH for fibroids as well and I ended up having a tummy pillow. It does help the discomfort when you sneeze, cough or even having a bowel movement.
Unread 06-10-2003, 12:30 PM
Tummy pillow with TVH?

I had a LAVH and never did get the hang of using the tummy pillow. However, it is very nice to have a pillow in the car to put between the seatbelt and my belly. Just in case the seatbelt tightens up suddenly I want a little cushioning.
Unread 06-10-2003, 12:55 PM
Tummy pillow with TVH?

Thanks everybody!! It's so nice to have such great friends to count on!
Unread 06-10-2003, 06:15 PM
Tummy pillow with TVH?

what is and where do I get a tummy pillow?? sorry new here, hyst on Monday the 16th, and I have HORRIBLE hay fever and they are planning on mowing over 20 acres of tall grass all around my house. I'm afraid I'm in for HUGE amounts of sneezing even tho I'm on Flonaise and Claritin and the otc that will knock me out.

Thanks
Crash
Unread 06-10-2003, 07:13 PM
Tummy pillow with TVH?

Hi!!
A tummy pillow is just a small pillow that you can press against your stomach when you cough or sneeze. I have even seen people use teddy bears or other stuffed animals. As long as it gives you firm support when coughing. I also noticed a pillow in the hystersisters store for sale.
Unread 06-10-2003, 07:44 PM
Tummy pillow with TVH?

Quote:
Originally posted by Hope
Hi!!
A tummy pillow is just a small pillow that you can press against your stomach when you cough or sneeze. I have even seen people use teddy bears or other stuffed animals. As long as it gives you firm support when coughing. I also noticed a pillow in the hystersisters store for sale.

ty very much. I'll ask my dr at my pre op if they sell them here in town. I have a decorative couch pillow, but I think it's too big. I'll check out the hysterstore too.

Crash

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register