New here..surgery date set & im nervous!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New here..surgery date set & im nervous!! New here..surgery date set & im nervous!!

Unread 03-29-2011, 10:39 PM
New here..surgery date set & im nervous!!

Hello ladies Im new here and have my surgery scheduled on April 25th. Ive suffered from very heavy painful periods for years and since ive had 2 ectopic pregnancies in the past 4 yrs
and my tubes are so damaged my doc has agreed to do the surgey. Im 27 with no kids. Im unsure how we are doing it because my surgeon wants to do a robotically assisted vaginal but the hospital that has the robot is out of network with my insurance. If my insurance does not agree to let me have it at that hospital at in network pricing he is going to do an abdominal at another hospital. Hes taking everything but my ovaries. I was curious if you have a family history of ovarian cancer do they still leave them in? My grandmother on my moms side passed away from ovarian cancer that had spread. She fought it for yrs. Or would my odds be so low that it doesent matter??

I hope to get to know all of yall!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2011, 11:19 PM
Re: New here..surgery date set & im nervous!!

Hi Nichole Renee, I am glad you found this website! You certainly have been put through the mill in your young 27 years. You will find alot of sisters that care about your whole being and truly understand and empathize in every aspect possible. I have found the more experienced sisters give very sound and experienced advice that I'm still coming to learn about. You are in my prayers and your answers will come your way to help make the most sound and educated decisions. This isn't easy and can be very nerve racking at times but you certainly aren't alone. My scheduled surgery date is April 7th and I still wonder if I should just function with what I've learned to deal with. But I am going through with it. Have you been able to talk with someone regarding the difficult issues surrounding your loss (ectopic pregnancies)and your personal sense of the children issue? I believe you deserve the best possible options for your desire and well being and it's not a light issue to be taken into consideration without all the support you can get. You're loved and again, I will pray for your difficult circumstance! Hang in there and we're here for you!
Unread 03-30-2011, 01:52 AM

Hi Nicole Renee,
I do not have an answer to you question, but I did want to say cheers to you for being so strong at such a young age! I just turned 30 last month, and had my LAVH (keeping both ovaries, but my uterus and cervix removed) and I do not have children either. I just want to lend support. My surgery was just this past Friday, and 4 days later, here I am in LESS pain then I had been on some of my bad days prior to surgery! I didn't even take a pain pill today! Good luck with your procedure, you WILL feel SO much better! Everyone on this website is really great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2011, 07:48 AM

Hi Nicole Renee,

I'm new here too, my date is set for the 18th; I still have to sit down with my doctor and ask a lot of questions about the procedure--and it sounds like you still have questions too--particularly about keeping your ovaries, in light of your family history. I think you should definitely be asking your doc that type of question. I also think you are very brave doing this at your age. I want to offer you my support, and hope you have plenty of it around you!

Sharon
Unread 03-30-2011, 09:57 AM

Thankyou ladies for all the responses. I can't stop thinking about my surgery and wonder if its going to be like this until the day of surgery. I'm not nervous about surgery because ive had 3 in the last few years. My most recent being gallbladder removal. I know this is the most major I'm more worried about pain control because most pain medications make me very very nauseous and morphine makes me itch like crazy. Again, thankyou for all the replies

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register