8 weeks post - op and still HUGE belly and hurting | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

8 weeks post - op and still HUGE belly and hurting 8 weeks post - op and still HUGE belly and hurting

Unread 11-02-2011, 08:21 PM
8 weeks post - op and still HUGE belly and hurting

I will be 8 weeks post-op tomorrow and I'm still having an aweful time!!! I have managed to work 2 days last week and 2 days this week and then I"ve had to call in because I am sooo swollen and sore and tired. I also have lower back pain if I stand too long. Is anyone else still having these issues? My doctor said I should feel better, but I think I feel worse than I did before my surgery. And I"ve tried to have sex twice since surgery and it is not the same!!! It hurts and theres no fireworks. I get very depressed and wonder if I made the wrong decision by having my hysterectomy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2011, 07:01 AM
Re: 8 weeks post - op and still HUGE belly and hurting

Yes, I'm also 8 weeks post-op too and my doctor has encouraged me not to return to work (I teach middle school), because of the soreness, swollen, tired (can't make it through the day still without a nap) and the lower back pain now from having a bladder infection. The other day, I just tried to clean house for a couple of hours (vacuum/mop) and couldn't move after - had heat on my back and heat on my swollen, sore tummy, sitting in a chair. Haven't even tried sex yet - scares me honestly that it will be painful. I did get some meds to help with my depression and anxiety, which has made it somewhat easier. Don't know about you, but I had major tumors that required me to have the TAH - so though it has been a royal pain overall, figure I'm better off health-wise in the long run. Just have to get through the weeks, months or year to truly recover from what I've been reading on here and more from my doctor. So, hang in there and I would see if you can get something that will help with the depression? Know you have lots of company on here too! (((hugs)))
Unread 11-03-2011, 07:20 AM

I'm so sorry you are regretting your decision. I know this may not be what you want to hear, but you really are still fairly early in your recovery. It can take up to a full year to heal completely. I am almost 6 months post-op and I got swelly belly up until about 2 weeks ago....that just takes time. I also didn't return to work for 10 weeks. Some people just heal a little slower than others.

As far as the sex, it started out rough for me too...I was scared and that doesn't really "set the mood". My suggested using a lubricant (and lots of it) for the first few times. I also turned on music and had a glass of wine to help me relax before. The first few times were kind of painful and like you said...no fireworks, but after taking it VERY slow and easing into it, it started getting better...and now...it is AMAZING!!

Try not to get discouraged. It is going to take some time. Just be patient with yourself and get the rest that you need. It will get better!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2011, 11:46 AM

Thank you Traci. I just get so discouraged and depressed when even my doctor says i should feel better. I have other stomach issues also and i think the surgery just made them flare up. I'm just hoping and praying that I don't loose my job and insurance. I'm sorry it took you so long to feel better hope your doing well now!
Unread 11-03-2011, 01:23 PM

I'm doing absolutely fabulous now...that's why I can tell you it does get better!
Unread 11-03-2011, 02:52 PM

Thanks I hope so! Gives me something to look forward to!
Unread 11-03-2011, 02:57 PM

I'm sorry your having a hard time also Lagniappe16. I guess we're all in this together. At least we're not totally alone. I just wish other people were as understanding! Hope you feel better soon!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register