Crying jags and emotional melt downs...kept ovaries! - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Crying jags and emotional melt downs...kept ovaries! Crying jags and emotional melt downs...kept ovaries!

Unread 10-24-2013, 04:23 PM
Crying jags and emotional melt downs...kept ovaries!

Okay so feeling 'down' is normal! I also kept my ovaries, Dr told me post surgery took uterus, left both ovaries and did vaginal floor restruct! Didn't actually ask for that! Night sweats leave me waking with soaking wet head, pillow, neck and chest. Now finding sleeping is being disrupted, didn't sleep last night or nap yesterday or today. Kind of whacked out now. Started walking more, bowels finally started up again. I haven't heard of your ovaries sleeping!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2013, 12:43 PM
Re: Crying jags and emotional melt downs...kept ovaries!

I kept my ovaries too and the first few weeks after surgery I cried easily though now it's been 6 wks and the crying spells have gotten less and less. I think it's just all the emotion over surgery and 'not feeling like yourself.' I didn't think surgery would be that bad and that I would recover really fast but surgery hits you harder than you think and you realize afterwards, that it's going to take you longer to heal than you thought.

It gets better so just hang in there! Every day I feel a little better and more 'normal.'
Unread 10-26-2013, 07:54 PM

Six months out and I was still finding myself an emotional mess. Turned out to be the lack of sufficient estrogen.
Unread 10-29-2013, 09:37 AM

Reading these has made me feel so much better. I am 3 weeks post op I kept both my overlies and my pain levels have been really good no night sweats as yet but emotionally I am a mess. Feeling worthless and just so sad at times but reading these threads has made me realise I am not alone. Thank you
Unread 10-29-2013, 10:29 AM

I went through the same crying spells. My husband was great before, during and after my surgery but the one thing he didnt' understand was the fact that I was mourning the loss of my uterus. He would say, what do you want, your periods back? I would say no. He just didn't understand. I was crying one minute and so mad the next moment I could spit nails. I had my surgery almost 9 months ago. The mood swings have passed. Thankfully. I kept my ovaries but have been having hot flashes ever since I had my surgery. I don't so much as sweat at night but get so hot that I feel my insides feel as if they are going to burn up! But at least my husband doesn't think I am going crazy anymore!
Unread 12-19-2013, 02:08 PM

I just had a hysterectomy and kept both my ovaries. Today I went to the doctor and found out I'm doing really good. Upon returning home, I"m sitting here and can't stop crying. I didn't think I would feel this way. I'm not sure if it was seeing all the pregnant women at the doctor or feeling like I lost a "part" of me. What is wrong with me? I should be happy.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register