Encouragement for LIW | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Encouragement for LIW Encouragement for LIW

Unread 06-09-2003, 02:43 PM
Encouragement for LIW

Hi!

I would like to encourage each of the Ladies in Waiting.

I am a success story. My surgery was eight weeks ago today, and I am back to all activities! On Saturday, I mowed the lawn, weeded, took a bike ride, did laundry, took a walk with my dogs (one little one and two very big ones), as well as vacuuming, dusting, tons of little "honey-do" projects, etc. It is so nice to be able to enjoy my newfound health...especially with my husband! I was tired at night, but not at all uncomfortable. ( I would have been exhausted 10 weeks ago...frankly, with all of my blood loss, I never would have even tried all of these things 10 weeks ago!)

I realized this morning, that yesterday, I never thought about having surgery. I had no discomfort or anything. I simply forgot all about it. I consider that a success! :

I know that you have heard it over and over...Waiting is the hardest part. It truly was, for me.

So, keep reading and searching for the happy endings. There are tons out there.

mss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2003, 02:48 PM
Encouragement for LIW

I agree!! I am 7 weeks post op and totally back to normal. I feel so much better than before the surgery. I even played basketball with my boys yesterday. Those of you with prolapse know what a change that is. I am so happy to have that done.
Good luck to each of you.
Unread 06-09-2003, 02:55 PM
Encouragement for LIW

Hi Kathy:

You and I had the same surgery!

I had no idea before I had surgery that I would not have a backache following the surgery. I have had severe back pain for more than 25 years. I did not know that it was due to prolapse.

So, freedom from back pain was a perk for me!

mss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2003, 05:02 PM
Encouragement for LIW

Thanks for the encouragment my surgery is tomorrow and I'm getting very nervous. Reading that things do get better help. I can't wait until this is all over. Thanks for giving me a glimpse of the other side.
Hugs
Mariann
Unread 06-09-2003, 05:06 PM
Encouragement for LIW

Hi Marianne!

I will keep you in my prayers tonight and tomorrow. Rest well.

mss
Unread 06-09-2003, 05:11 PM
Encouragement for LIW

do you mean i can live without my back aching all the time?? what a joy that will be.

thank you, for thinking of us LIW's and sending such wonderful news

good luck, Mariann!!!!
Unread 06-10-2003, 08:32 AM
Encouragement for LIW

Mssbailey,
I know!! The absence of back pain is such a relief. I no longer have to lay in bed to get everything back in its position to relieve the pain. When I went for surgery, I didn't even think about my back pain going away, I had had it for so long.
It is great being pain free!!!!
Unread 06-10-2003, 08:43 AM
Encouragement for LIW

I have horrid lower back pain. When I get in bed at night I expect my lower back to hurt for at last 10 minutes as I relax. Right now it's cramping up even as I type. I pray after tomorrow and recovery, that will stop!!! I have a severely retroverted uterus that is at the size of a 9-week pregnancy, and I fear, possible endo underneath it . :P I am so looking forward to feeling better!!! Thanks for posting your success stories!!!
Unread 06-10-2003, 08:49 AM
Encouragement for LIW

Hi

It was really neat to hear all the success stories. I, too, have been feeling much better since my surgery 2 months ago. I still have a little bit of getting just the right hormonal mix to help me out, but even that is not bad!

My back pain is getting better and my abdominal pain is gone.

Sending to all of you!!!!!

Patty
Unread 06-10-2003, 09:08 AM
Encouragement for LIW

You're all talking about back pain-I have had it for 10 years-I didn't even know that it could get better after surgery!! I have been getting epidural steroid injections in my lower back for 2 years now - they help, but it always comes back. I have bad back cramping-I always have blamed it on prolapsed disk--could some or all of it actually be due to a "tipped" uterus full of fibroids? I am dying to know what you think-what a BONUS it would be to lose the back pain!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register