Response to my thread yesterday - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Response to my thread yesterday Response to my thread yesterday

Unread 01-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Re: Response to my thread yesterday

I am glad that you are feeling better. I was very worried about you yesterday. Thank goodness that you were able to reach your doctors and they are helping you. Please make sure you are open with them and tell them what was happening to you. They will understand how you are doing and what happened. I had a very rare reaction to medicine that made all my muscles start twitching uncontrollably. I felt like I was no longer in control of my body despite being given medicines to stop the reaction. My doctor luckily realized what was happening and sent me to psychiatrist who deals with this. She was able to relate to this and make me feel better. I will be thinking of you in my prayers tonight. I hope that you continue to feel better. Sending lots of hugs and best wishes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2010, 11:28 PM

Don't worry about feeling embarrassed...none of us have complete control over our bodies or none of us would be looking at this site for support...praying you continue on the road of health and continue to heal and feel better...HUGS!

AND thanks to Kathy for providing us with such a great site!
Unread 01-04-2010, 08:25 PM

Just an update, today has been tough. I have cried several times for no reason. I had a hot flash, I could not get my jacket and scarf off fast enough, it was a horrible feeling. My heart was pounding and then that made me cry. I stayed lucid and in control the whole time. I know it's from the surgery so I can over ride some of the internal messages i start to think about like, "you're going crazy!" I know it's an imbalance, but it's just very hard.

I know I will be okay in time, the site has actually really helped me. I will be thankful for the time when I can be cleared for intamacy, I think that may help, or if things don't work right...it could really make things worse. I'm going to hope for the best right now.

Thanks ladies for all of your support. It is a speedway, and there is no speed limit...I feel like a turtle, and that's just okay...it has to be.
Unread 01-04-2010, 08:35 PM

I know you already have a psych. doctor who is treating you, so please know that I know that when I say the following: ;-) But sometimes things like tranquilizers (klonipin, lorazapam) can cause more crying, depression, sadness. I'm sure your doc. is probably aware about that and is probably treating you with the tranquilizers because it's necessary. I just thought I'd bring it up because I have a family member who was being treated with those for the anxiety and was finally switched to one of the antidepressants that are for anxiety symptoms because she was having more depression symptoms due to the tranquilizers. So hope you don't mind me bringing that point forward. Just thought it might be helpful to you.
Unread 01-05-2010, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by altbirth View Post
Just an update, today has been tough. I have cried several times for no reason. I had a hot flash, I could not get my jacket and scarf off fast enough, it was a horrible feeling. My heart was pounding and then that made me cry. I stayed lucid and in control the whole time. I know it's from the surgery so I can over ride some of the internal messages i start to think about like, "you're going crazy!" I know it's an imbalance, but it's just very hard.

I know I will be okay in time, the site has actually really helped me. I will be thankful for the time when I can be cleared for intamacy, I think that may help, or if things don't work right...it could really make things worse. I'm going to hope for the best right now.

Thanks ladies for all of your support. It is a speedway, and there is no speed limit...I feel like a turtle, and that's just okay...it has to be.

Here is a hug from another turtle, me. Try hard not to think about all of this for a while - I find I do best if I push the frustrations out of my mind and focus on the 5 minutes before me. It will get better, but at turtle pace.

I could relate when you said you had to yank off your coat and scarf - if I could, I would run around in my underwear from the constant internal heat and the feelings of clostrophobia this new phase in life has introduced. You are not alone - be kind to yourself!
Unread 01-05-2010, 04:44 PM

I know that it is hard when your recovery is going slowly. Mine was also slow and is still continuing. Sometimes you have to concentrate on one minute at a time and then the next and the next. I had times where I just thought I can do this for one minute. After a few minutes, I would feel better. I know what you mean about hot flashes. I would have them where I just was sweating horribly and people would ask if I was ok. It has gotten better with medicine and with time.
Try to be kind to yourself. I think we are all tough on ourselves and expect to recover really quickly. When I was put in the hospital for the second time, I was crying like a baby. My emotions were just so down. Luckily my doctors realized that I was really struggling and they just took the time to listen to me.
Sending lots of wishes for a smoother recovery for you. It will get better.
Unread 01-06-2010, 01:47 PM

Thank you Ladies. You are wonderful and sooooooooo helpful. I am thinking today that I might need to go into inpatient psych facility, but I only feel that way at night. My dreams are really weird too, and I have some pretty gnarly night sweats. It's interesting. I see my Gyn on the 15th. I hope I feel better by then, I'm sure I will.

Hubby I think is tired of me, why wouldnt he be...gosh I feel like a downer...but here is something fun. I never drink soda...but I am just in love with Coke right now! It helps my tummy feel better, and now that I refuse to take any pain meds, it just seems to help me feel good. So I have a Coke and a smile every now and again, and that makes me feel good. It does have some irony to it though. When I was a midwife, I used to really lecture my clients on the evils of soda during pregnancy, especially Coke, but they always said how much it helped them with their symptoms, so it's somewhat Karmic...that does bring a smile to my face. Ive shared this on Facebook, and many of them are my friends, they love it. So today...I think I will just have a Coke and a smile...with lemon...the clients tell me the lemon reverses the bad things, and call it good!
Blessed be to all of us in crisis, all of us in love with our recovery, all of us in the fast lane, and the turtle lane...blessed be to recovery...until next time
This is altbirth...A.K.A....Ivy, Morro Bay, signing off...
Unread 01-06-2010, 06:34 PM

Glad to hear that the Coke is helping you. At least it is giving you something to smile at. Funny how karma seems to work. I think what happens is you just don't know what will make you feel better even if you have told someone it's not good to eat or drink. I am always telling people that you have to eat to get stronger after an illness only to discover that when i got ill, the last thing I wanted to do was eat. The very nice nurses kept telling me that I had to eat if I wanted to get better and heal!!! It was just too ironic to hear those words coming from my nurse and doctor. Now when I start to think of those words I pause a little bit and try to rephrase it.
I can tell you that things do improve for most people but sometimes you need help from the doctors. I have an appointment with my counselor on Friday that I planned to cancel until I realized that I am still struggling with a lot of issues. I know she totally understands what is happening to me and with me. I have decided that i really do need to talk to her about this.
Good luck and best wishes.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register