Sexual Response - I am worried! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sexual Response - I am worried! Sexual Response - I am worried!

Unread 10-11-2002, 10:21 AM
Sexual Response - I am worried!

Gosh,

I just read the poll about '1 YR Post'... what do you think...... and it seems most women have sexual response problems after FAH!!

UUUUGGGGH!!! That would be terrible for me! I love my sexuality and responsiveness. I have been on Wellbutrin for a year and will stay on it straight through... so maybe that would curb any side effect?

Gosh............ are there not ladies out there that had IMPROVED Sexual response, comfort and fun after FAH??

Cervix, no cervix, ovaries or not??

Help!?? Now I am worried!!

Cori
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2002, 10:29 AM

Hi Cori,

I can't speak for everyone, but I have had no problems with libido or responsiveness after the hyst. I'm taking Estratest HS, and had those "feelings" from very early on after the surgery. Your usually not cleared for any intercourse until about six to eight weeks and then it is still pretty early on. There is still healing going on so the first attempts might not be like gangbusters but with patience and some lubrication (KY silk E works for me) you will get there. Please don't get too scared by the posts, most people that have success after a hyst don't bother to post a lot so keep that in mind.

Good luck to you! s

Unread 10-12-2002, 03:52 AM

I am now 11 months post, and although the first few months were a bit up-and-down, I would have to say sex is much better now than it had been for a long time. I don't have pain during or after (which makes it much easier to look forward to it!). I kept my ovaries, but not my cervix. I think my sexual responses are as good as they've ever been, both in terms of desire and satisfaction.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2002, 07:04 AM

Let me set your mind at ease......remember- I am 34 and been married only 13 yrs...........I now realize how my hormones controlled my life in ALL areas. I am NOT embarassed at saying that 1 week post I wanted to try out MY PACKAGE. Its fine- LIBIDO wasn't this good on my wedding night!!!!! He he he. We can't have sexual intercourse for 6 weeks but thats ALL we were told in that area. I was not in the mood ever before but complied and now..........hubby better put them running shoes on- LOL. I am on Estrace 2 mg's a day- its a bio-identical estrogen similar to what your body makes- guess mine never made any- LOL. Good luck sista~~ Love, JulieS
Unread 10-12-2002, 09:27 AM

Hi Julie...your post was reassuring. I will be 34 during my surgery as well...though, they are going abdominally on mine because I have had 2 c/s and 2 lapos. I am also getting a BSO.

I know this isn't the hormone board, but, I haven't been able (mentally) to go to that board yet. I went briefly and didn't see what I was looking for right off, so I came back here.

Anyway, did your Dr just put you right onto Estrace? Did he mention several HRTs to you and let you pick? I don't talk to my Dr til the end of next week, just wanted to be a little more prepared. I so don't want to lose the libido I've got and for once, would love to be "bugging" my dh in that way.

TIA,
Unread 10-12-2002, 12:11 PM

Lulu..........
I also have had 4 abdominals prior to my hyster. Just wanted you to know that it can be done LAVH by a skilled surgeon. My surgeon was a Reproductive Endocrinologist and hormones are his bag, so it only took "1" to get it right. I was given an estrogen shot before I left the hospital and it was supposed to last me 1 week until I saw the Doc again.....well....I used it all up in 3 days and began having hot flashes and panicky thoughts 3 days post. I began Estrace 1 week post and immediately found relief. Best of luck- Love, JulieS
Unread 10-12-2002, 07:16 PM

Hi, girls. Thanks for being brave enough to ask questions that I could not. I, too, will turn 34 about 6 weeks after my TAH. I am scared to death that I won't "want to" anymore. I feel better now that I've read your posts, and I will be asking my doc about Estrace! Thanks again!
Missy
Unread 10-12-2002, 07:21 PM

I am 50 and had a TVH one year ago...kept my ovaries. For the first few months I had very little libido, but with hormone adjustments my libido is soaring. I would say I enjoy sex a whole lot more now than before my hyst! I think it is just a matter of finding the right hormone combinations for YOU.

Sherry

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register