Fibroids: Feeling Trapped in my body | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fibroids: Feeling Trapped in my body Fibroids: Feeling Trapped in my body

Unread 08-14-2014, 08:59 PM
Fibroids: Feeling Trapped in my body

Hello All,

welcome to my vent session. I have been recommended to have a myomectomy for fibroids. In the past I have had a myomectomy and 2 UFE. I feel trapped in my body. The frequent urination has become quite disruptive. I have missed several events as a result. I feel trapped. I don't want to have another surgery but I can't think of what else to do. It feels as if I am the only one going through this, and I am feeling overwhelmed, scared, anxious, upset, and angry. No kids yet. I often wonder what my life would have been like if I didn't have fibroids.Thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2014, 08:25 AM
Re: Fibroids: Feeling Trapped in my body

I'm sorry you are feeling this way but I promise you that you are not alone. Many of us, myself included, feel trapped by these fibroids. The frequent urinating can be troubling when trying to lead a normal life. Don't feel alone. I know how you feel. I get up 3-5 times a night to use the bathroom and had to take a new job at work just to be closer to the restroom. Did your UFE procedures and the myomectomy not help your fibroids at all? Or are the growing back post surgery? I too have no children. I'll be having a UFE procedure soon. I do not want a hysterectomy as I would like to have children one day. Is this why you aren't opting for a hysterectomy? I'm truly sorry you are going through all this. I can not make them go away but I can offer my ear and my compassion if you need to talk. Fibroids are life sucking, draining, and debilitating. People who aren't symptomatic or don't have fibroids at all often do not understand but many of us on this support site know exactly how you feel. Keep your head up, it has to get better from here on out for you. I'll keep you in my thoughts
Unread 08-15-2014, 04:13 PM

I hear you. Fibroids suck. I can't help looking around at friends and sisters and compare myself to them, and imagine what my life would be like without these worries. I'm six weeks post myomectomy, and I thought I'd feel relieved after it, but instead I feel like I've detonated a ticking time bomb in myself, and need to get pregnant before they've grown back again. I really hope you get a good resolution to your situation, I can only imagine how frustrated you are.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2014, 09:26 AM

I know how you feel. I've been having problems for the past few years, but never got help. When I really started realizing how much I was letting this control my life, that's when I said that this has to end.

As far as the frequent urination, can your doctor prescribe something? When I complained to my doctor about how often I was running to the bathroom, he put me on Oxybutynin and boy, has that made a difference.
Unread 08-16-2014, 11:43 PM

Hang in there, Sister!

Yes, these fibroids suck and at times it feels as if they are controlling my life, too.

I am looking into Myosure (hysteroscopic myomectomy) for my 2nd myomectomy. I was just going to try to live with it, tried some alternative stuff like dietary changes, but I could be doing that for 12-15 more years - I can't deal with it anymore either.

On my worst days I bleed thru an Ultra size tampon plus a good bit of an overnight pad in 20-30 minutes. And my ovulation pain is so bad, it takes my breath away.

Thank goodness we have each other and medical technology can hopefully help us live better lives!

Good luck and keep us posted.
Unread 08-18-2014, 06:16 PM

Hello everyone,

thank-you for responding to my thread; it means a lot to know I am not alone. Although the journey is difficult, I know things will get better.

Its amazing what we take for granted, the simple act of watching a movie at the theatre without needing to use the bathroom.

At times I feel sorry for my hubby, because I tend to avoid outdoor events, he goes alone.

I look forward to having my fibroids under control. I want to have at least one child.

Thanks again, everyone.
Unread 08-18-2014, 08:10 PM

Oh you are SO NOT alone!

I have only been suffering for a year with one puny little fibroid and I am already feeling like enough is enough.

I have gotten some help, but a third to a half of every month I feel like my uterus is in complete control of my life and it is wearing me down.

The whole reason I join HS tonight after months of just lurking was the fact that I do feel so alone with this. I don't know anyone who has this, but now I do--you!

I hope we can give each other useful advice. I am thinking of trying the IUD next...??? But I have been hearing mixed things about Acessa. It is really confusing.
Unread 08-19-2014, 07:16 PM

Hello everyone,

thank-you so much for responding to my thread. Although this condition is very isolating we are not alone. I am trying to find new ways to cope. I will not give up or give in to the fibroids.

This forum has been such a blessing and I'm happy we are here for each other.

I am starting to think some of my frequent urination symptoms are linked to anxiety as I do not void as much when home relaxing.

Have a good night everyone.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register