???? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-03-2004, 07:23 AM
????

I have just had my first flo since my lap and D&C. My cramps were tolerable and much less bleeding.Is my body trying to trick me? Is this a temporary fix?The more I read about hormones the more scared I get.What hormones are best?I have read about law suits from some of these. Are the bio identicals better? Is it better not to take any? I already have heart palpatations,which have been worse due to the stress. I've read that taking hormones decreases the risk of heart disease and i have read that it increases the risk. It also increases the risk of breast cancer. I have fibrocycstic breasts does that also increase the chances. My DS is only 8 , I want to see him grow up.I want to see my grandchildren. The more I read the more scared I get! I still have until June,I think I'll be a basket case by then. I don't have fibroids or large cysts. Will it hurt if I wait a few more years? Thanks, I just need someplace to let this all out. And maybe some place to scream.LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2004, 07:39 AM
????

((((Sandy))))
Wow, you sound a bit overwhelmed. That is totally understandable considering everything you're going through.

Many of the ladies here at HS have thought the same thing about Aunt Flo trying to mess with our heads before surgery. My last 2 visits were actually tolerable (after my last laparoscopy in Feb). But this morning, AF visited again, and now I am reminded of exactly why I am having this hyst done. The pain is almost unbearable.

About HRT....there are studies which are very conflicting, however the only people who know what is best for you, are YOU and your . Discuss things with them very openly, and get all the info that you can.

I understand the fear, especially with regards to your ds. Mine is only 4, and I too want to see him grow up, and take an active part in his life. That is one of the reasons that this hyst has become a necessity. My quality of life is so non-existent. i can't even play with my ds without being either to sore, or too tired.

So I haven't offered you any answers, but I wanted to let you know that I and the other sisters am here for you.

and s
Tam
Unread 05-03-2004, 07:55 AM
????

I don't have answers to everything, but I am 46 and had a TAH/BSO 2 weeks ago for a large fibroid (cantaloupe size). My Dr suggested I take HRT for 5 years and I am on Estratest right now. I asked about the research saying that HRT doesn't help with prevention of heart disease and Dr told me the news took the research out of context. Dr said this study was done on women in their 60's to see if HRT would benefit them and it doesn't. I also know 2 women who were or are on HRT and they lead full lives. I know everyone is different so what works for one may not work for another.

I was in pain every 21 days with my period and could not function. I had many misgivings, but decided to go ahead with the hyst. I feel better already and am glad I did it.

My grandmother died from breast cancer and I have dense tissue so it is hard for the drs to read my mammo. I too have concerns about HRT and cancer. This could be why Dr only wants me on HRT for 5 years.

I keep reading about HRT and am planning on buying the books listed in the hyster store on these issues for more info.

Does any of this help you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2004, 11:21 AM
????

Thanks Ladies for your input.They Say God doesn't give you more than you can handle, I hope that is right. There is just so much to learn.
Thanks,
Sandy
Unread 05-03-2004, 11:46 AM
????

I am 48, and I am not taking any HRT because of my breast cancer history, my DR said the risk far outweighed the benefit. I have had palpatations too and they are not any worse since my surgery 10 weeks ago. I have had hotflashes and night sweats, but they haven't been anything I can't live with. They do make me lose some sleep. I take Tylenol P.M. if it seems too bad. I also have fibrocystic breasts. It is really best to voice all of the concerns you have with your DR. He will know best how to treat you, and read whatever you can. My DR also told me I could take Black Cohosh for the hotflashes but he didn't want me to take it for an extended period of time. Good luck and keep us posted how you are doing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register