TVH 5 days Post Op- Spotting end? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TVH 5 days Post Op- Spotting end? TVH 5 days Post Op- Spotting end?

Unread 08-27-2011, 11:51 AM
TVH 5 days Post Op- Spotting end?

I have a TVH on Monday the 22nd and every day seems a little bit better, but I am still so limited and in pain. I have a few questions. I'd love to hear your perspectives on them. Thank you all in advance!

1.) When does the spotting end? They said I'd have a bit more spotting than normal because they had to remove my vaginal packing early since I couldn't pee with it in. However, I'd love to know exactly how long this spotting will last. It isn't much, but enough to be a nuisance.

2.) I have 5 pain pills left. I'm worried that I will run out and still be in pain. I am still in pain every day. It isn't horrible pain, but if I take a pain pill, it really helps me rest and eases my discomfort.

3.) Bending. I have read on here a lot about bending and how we are restricted as far as not being able to bend. My discharge papers don't say anything about that though. I told my husband and he says "Of course you can bend!" I don't want to do anything to jeopardize my situation. Wondering if its only for Abdominal Hysterectomies. . . .

Thanks for reading. I'd love to hear what you all think! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2011, 12:58 PM
Re: TVH 5 days Post Op- Spotting end?

I had a TVH on June 17th and still had light bleeding/spotting at my 6wpo visit. Dr. scar tissue had crystalized and he went in and removed it by scrapping. I was in quite a bit of pain and had to ask for more pain meds at the end of 1 wpo. Not sure and if scar tissue added to pain. Anyway, I just wasn't one of those that was fine with tylenol in 3 or 4 days. As far as bending, I would listen to my body, it you feel discomfort don't do it yet.

BTW, With the bleeding I also had cramping and lower back pain.
Unread 08-27-2011, 01:05 PM

My doctor said to expect some spotting on and off for up to 2 months.

My doctor says no bending, lifting or twisting for 6 weeks.

Call and tell the nurse you need a refill on the pain meds. I hope they are agreeable, my doctor was. She gave me 45 percocets and said to call if I need more.

I am 23 days post op and still take one in the late afternoon as needed. I had daVinci, took everything except ovaries.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2011, 01:16 PM

I had my surgery on Tuesday, Aug 23, and I really only notice spotting when I wipe after using the bathroom. I have not even wore a pantyliner since yesterday. I am no longer taking pain meds. I have not taken any since thursday night. I was given Percocet as well and I didnt think they they helped very much so I just take Motrin if I need it. Ofcourse I have small pains but nothing that I think needs medication for. My doctor didn't say anything about no bendng either. I have been bending since I got home. I have tried not to as much since I have been readin on here that you shouldnt be, but it doesn't hurt so I am still doing it.
Unread 08-27-2011, 01:24 PM

Hi, I was told no bending , lifting and to expect spotting for at least 6 weeks. Bending will pull at your insides which puts you at risk of tearing something inside. What does your husband know about this, has he researched it? do not listen to him that is for sure, no vacuuming, lifting even a light laundry basket, do on this site and it gives do's and don'ts for the different weeks of recovery and you can also ask your doctor. If you are still in a lot of pain you can ask your doctor for a re-fill, he may or may not refill it depending on the doctor he may want you to get off them I do not know,but there is no harm in asking, if he says no, then cry, if he sees that you are in that much pain he may give you more, they are addictive so be careful!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register