Post Op Report | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post Op Report Post Op Report

Unread 11-11-2000, 10:51 PM
Post Op Report

Hello Sisters! I had my TAH keeping right ovary on Mon. Nov. 6th. I just wanted to give a good report to help those of you who are still waiting. I was originally scheduled to arrive at the hospital at 5:30 am, but the operating room nurse called on Sun. and told me to arrive at 8:00 am. I checked in and was taken to a room where my mom waited with me until I was taken to surgery about 1:00 pm that afternoon. Several staffers, including the dr. stopped by to see me while I waited. My surgery was for several fibroids (uterus at 14-15 weeks) and a large mass on my left ovary. My surgery lasted three hours, and they sent a frozen section of my ovary to pathology to make sure there was no cancer. It came back clear, so they left my right ovary at my request. I spent two hours in the recovery room, as my blood pressure dropped too low, and they had to monitor me for that. My normal bp is about 112/60 and stayed at 100/58 for most of the next day or so. I was put on a morphine pump, but I think that may have contributed to nausea. I didn't throw up, but sure felt like it. They removed the pump about noon on Tues, and I finally felt like eating on Tues. evening. I have been on pills to control the pain since, and I seem to be doing fine. I walked often in the hospital and walk up and down my hallway very often now that I am home. I came home on Wed. evening and it felt good to be home! My husband and son have been taking care of me and encouraging me to not to do much. I spent several hours at the computer yesterday catching up on e-mail and have been a little sore today. I take lots of little naps, but am able to walk and move better every day. I am taking pain meds in the evening to help me sleep, but usually only once during the day. Today I haven't taken a dose, and I am starting to feel it. I will go to bed soon, so I will be OK. I am fairly pain tolerant, so I know that others may need more meds. I am just so worried about constipation (a side effect of my pills), that I don't want to overdo the meds. I will be back soon to read and post, but I am heading to bed now! Sorry this was so long, but I know some LIW need to encouragement of good surgery stories, and I fell mine went well. Thank you everyone for the great encouragement this site has been for me!

Janis
11/6 TAH, kept right ovary
fibroids and endometrial cyst on left ovary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-11-2000, 11:03 PM
Thanks Janis

Thank you for posting a report on a good surgery. It helps alieviate fears and confirms that all can and often does go well. God's blessings as you recover.
Unread 11-11-2000, 11:39 PM
Post Op Report

Thanks for the update Janice,
You are right, it helps us LIW to hear a good experience. You take care of yourself and don't overdo it, okay?
Keep us up to date.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2000, 05:15 AM
Thanks Janis!

Thanks Janis for your very informative update and glad to hear you are doing so well.This is one nervous LIW!Keep us posted!
[Edited by sford1 on 11-12-2000]
Unread 11-12-2000, 07:10 AM
Post Op Report

Janis thank you for posting, and welcome back
I've got 3 days to go and hearing people say it wasn't as bad as they thought relieves some of those anxieties that I have. Be good and take care of yourself and keep us updated on your progress Blessings and hugs
Unread 11-12-2000, 07:45 AM
Post Op Report

Always nice to read a good report. Glad things went so well for you. Take care and be blessed
Unread 11-13-2000, 08:28 AM
Post Op Report

Janice, thankyou for the comprehensive update. It DOES help us, LIW's, when 's post positive reports.

Now back to resting .
Unread 11-13-2000, 08:40 AM
Post Op Report

Thank you for the positive update it really does help us LIW. my surgery is dec. 1st

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register