Having quite a bit of diarrhea | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Having quite a bit of diarrhea Having quite a bit of diarrhea

Unread 03-16-2009, 06:05 AM
Having quite a bit of diarrhea

Today is the first time I'm really passing anything, but now it's diarrhea about every hour so far. Is this just from being backed up for a while? I guess it takes a while for everything to be 'normal'?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2009, 07:37 AM

I had the same issue after my surgery. It seemed like everything I ate just ran right through me. I seem to remember that it took about a week to get my stomach back to normal. I ate activia and tried to steer clear of anything that could aggrivate my stomach.

Unread 03-16-2009, 07:39 AM

I had it too....once I got going, I REALLY got going. Make sure you are drinking lots of water.
(((((hugs)))))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2009, 09:10 AM

i had diarrhea before i ever left the hospital......

in the bed....before i was ever allowed up....

can't take anything for it or it will make you constipated

so i just had to tough it out....

poops are still difficult for me.... sometimes i have to strain...
other times it is diarrhea....

( i do NOT strain hard at all)

hugs and good luck to you.... drink plenty of water and eat something with fiber in it like raisin bran or oatmeal....

jamesgirl
Unread 03-16-2009, 10:05 AM

me too, with the diarrhea. Not fun, but hopefully will be over soon!
Unread 03-17-2009, 01:22 PM

Its still good to tell your DR or nurse that you are having these issues to keep it on file. I get diarrhea if I am over stressed and being in recovery is a stressful time but I was so happy to have it all over with I didnt stress. I did however have foamy stool for a few weeks after surgery. GOOD LUCK
Unread 03-18-2009, 11:45 AM

There can be various reasons for diarrhea, but I just wanted to let you know that I'm pretty sure the worst of mine (approx day 10 post-op) was a result of the Ibuprophen I'd been taking since leaving the hospital. I have a pretty sensitive stomach anyway, and though I'd always been taking it with food, there were still big problems. My doc's nurse told me to get off the IBU and get onto a liquid diet. a couple of days later my stomach is so much better---no great, but blissfully better. Today, Cream of Wheat with a small amount of milk and a tiny bit if sugar is very soothing. By the way, I really don't need the pain meds anyway at this time. A heating pad on my belly (had TVH) feels so good---I don't leave it on for too long though. I hope you get relief soon! Best Wishes and Hugs!
Unread 03-18-2009, 12:54 PM

Oh bear with it in a few weeks when ur constipated and still unable to push you will wish you were still loose! I had very loose stools and ended up having to take a stool softener (Dulcoease) believe me you will be uncomfortable if it goes to the other extreme so get some stool softeners all the same just in case, but the looseness could be the painkillers! I had diclofenac and I am allergic to it and it made everything fun away from me!
Unread 03-21-2009, 03:36 PM

I am almost 4 weeks post op and I am still having very bad diarrhea. Is this something I should call the doctor's office about?
Unread 03-21-2009, 04:19 PM

My problems were caused by the medication - my sensitive tummy didn't like them at all!

Once I was off medication I went to the other extreme and so had to up my fibre intake to sort that out.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register