I'm new | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-08-2012, 06:04 AM
I'm new

And I go to my first appt to get this procedure started. I was told in November, when I was ready to let my dr know. Well I'm ready. I can't take the fibroid pain anymore. I was told in November that my uterus was five times the size of a normal one and it's covered inside and out with them. You can feel them above my belly button and pretty much in my whole abdominal area.

We are infertile, however, we have two children through adoption. We just brought our youngest home in February. I am going to pursue having the davinci done. My hubby has never been alone for too long with the baby let alone our oldest...it could get pretty interesting! LOL!

I was referred to this site by a friend of mine. There is so much info here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2012, 06:43 AM
Re: I'm new

Fibroids are not friendly. I just had the laproscopic/vag partial hysterectomy on Monday the 4th. I was able to keep my ovaries but the uterus with its fibroid invasion had to go. I am very pleased with the way I feel and the activities I am still able to do. I may be slow, but I am feeling good. As far as help from Hubby, well that is just painful to watch. Bless his heart, he thought what he did was amazing. After he "cleaned" the kitchen, I went in put away the 2 extra pans of food and big salad that friends had brought in. I re-arranged the fridge so It could all fit. Turns out cleaning the kitchen is turning on dishwasher. I went to bed and left our 8 year old for him to clean up and get down for the night. At 11pm, I got up took the 8 year old (who was playing in teenage big brothers room) to bed. All of this happened with no knowledge from dad. Yes, it is the playoffs. At almost midnight and all is finally calm, hubby says "why did you get up? I could have done that." Well Ladies.... could does NOT mean can, or will, or should, or even aware of. He meant no harm or malice. Men are not women or moms. Its like when you first got married...if they didn't do it before, don't expect it after. Just remember their "help" may barely fit the definition, but don't be discouraged. Hang in there and don't put them down (to their face). I am thankful I felt good enough to do some of the normal stuff. If they were as good as us, then we wouldn't be superior.
Unread 06-08-2012, 06:58 AM

Very well said!

I know mine wil do the best he can, but I will still do what I can. I can't sit still very long and the kitchen is "mine"!

You just had it done on June 4th? WOW!

I'm hoping I feel as good as many of you. I hate pain and my last surgery was when I was 6 and I'm way, way older than that now. But I think just knowing that nasty, good for nothing organ is gone will make me feel better.

I figure if the baby is having a hard time, they can bring her to me and she can sit in her Bumboo and visit with me when im home. I stay home full time and she's only been home for four months. I normally always put her to bed due to the hrs my husband works. She spends a few hrs a week with her grandparents. Come to think of it, I think he's only changed like three diapers! I cloth diaper so that will be interesting to see in itself.

I am a tad overweight but I am looking forward to not looking like I'm pg anymore!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2012, 09:23 AM

I hope your surgery goes well! I know I'm looking forward to feeling better.

I think you just have to let some things go while you're in recovery. As long as the kids are healthy and reasonably clean, there's nothing to worry about. Sure, things may not be done "your way" but at least you're there to supervise. Try not to be too obsessive about every little thing.

It's a good thing that our families get to see everything we do for a few weeks, and perhaps learn how to do those things.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register