2.5 weeks post hysterectomy: hormones, bleeding, zits - It's been...well...confusing. : / | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2.5 weeks post hysterectomy: hormones, bleeding, zits - It's been...well...confusing. : / 2.5 weeks post hysterectomy: hormones, bleeding, zits - It's been...well...confusing. : /

Unread 07-26-2014, 07:41 PM
2.5 weeks post hysterectomy: hormones, bleeding, zits - It's been...well...confusing. : /

First of all...whoever created this site. Thank you! This has been my go to before my procedure and now 2 weeks and 4 days later. I have been reading every night when i need to not feel confused and to know I am not alone.

Which is why I am posting now...I understand everyone heals differently but this has been quite a ride.

I had my hysterectomy on the 8th of July (a tuesday) with the cervix removed. Overnight hospital stay. By Saturday I was off norco...and by the following week Saturday was to the point i wasnt even taking ibuprofen. Just felt great. No cramps, bleeding, mood swings...etc.

Now here i am this Saturday...and wow. My hormones are all over the place. My nose hatched a new "friend"...a cyst zit with no white head. The baby pimples started exactly at the two week mark. Pimples stopped but my new friend hasn't even shrank.

And I haven't even mentioned the bleeding yet. I have had 5 separate bleeding episodes since Sunday. The first one i headed straight to the e.r. and saw my obgyn the following day. Apparently my cuff is intact and my stitches look great...she chalked it up to them maybe beginning to dissolve or be irritated.

I had some very light spotting up until Thurdsay when I began the deluge. As fast as it started it stopped but happened 4 times. Each time i passed a clot the size of a golf ball...but the last two bleds were the scariest and heaviest...completely soaking an extra heavy overnight pad in about 2 seconds and then some. All 5 times...no pain at all what so ever.

The doc still had the same theory when i called to check why, and haven't had any more bleeding but very minor spotting so I am going back on Tuesday...which is my 3 week follow up.

So i guess my kinda question would be...is this kind of "run of the mill"? The hormones...bleeding...zits. I do review the recovery posts but still confused as everyone is unique and heals a bit differently.

Thank you... Me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2014, 07:49 PM
Re: It's been...well...confusing. : /

Unique is an understatement!! Sometimes it amazes me when i read the stories that we all had the same procedure!! I kept ovaries and had minimal to no hormone issues, but have to say that bleeding doesnt sound at all normal! Light bleeding or spotting yes, but a deluge?? Iwould be grilling the dr on that one! Feeling worse later than earlier?? Yep, thats normal too. I hope you have no more bleeds and go back to feeling great!!
Unread 07-26-2014, 08:02 PM

I had a tvh July 17 and was feeling great up until 2 nights ago. I feel great during the day but in pain at nightime so I have been takings Percocet. I would be concerned about the bleeding. That does not sound normal. My doctor was very specific when he said to be concerned if I was bleeding through a pad. Get another opinion. That does not sound right. As far as the hormones are concerned, I can sympathize with you. I had my uterus and cervix removed but kept my ovaries. However, I am all over the place, not sleeping at night, hot flashes, so emotional! Hope that gets better! My husband doesn't seem to know what to say! Lol that's a first
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2014, 08:39 PM
2.5 weeks post hysterectomy: hormones, bleeding, zits - It's been...well...confusing. : /

I definitely plan on grilling the doc about the bleeding. I swear the last one looked like i lost a pint of blood. And all the times it happened it would stop as fast as it started. Completely sudden. I didn't have any dizziness or increased heart rate so maybe the theroy is right...at least one could hope.
Unread 07-26-2014, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leiaaaaa View Post
I definitely plan on grilling the doc about the bleeding. I swear the last one looked like i lost a pint of blood. And all the times it happened it would stop as fast as it started. Completely sudden. I didn't have any dizziness or increased heart rate so maybe the theroy is right...at least one could hope.
Please keep us posted! I'm curious. Sending you healing thoughts
Unread 07-26-2014, 08:58 PM

I would venture to say that the pimples and hormones are normal. Many of us have these symptoms. Pimples, greasy skin, greasy hair: Yes. And hormonal: emotional, teary, frustrated, angry: Yes.

But the bleeding is not normal. Rule of thumb is if you're soaking a pad in an hour, go to ER. But soaking a heavy pad in a few seconds is alarming to say the least. I'm glad you've had your vaginal cuff checked and it's intact. Very good news. I wonder if you had a hematoma at the cuff (or several of them) and they have been draining out through your vagina. I have heard this happen more than a few times, and it could explain the deluge. Make a list of your questions and plant yourself in a chair until your doctor answers them all. In the meantime, Feet Up!!

Hematoma
Unread 07-26-2014, 09:20 PM

I will keep posted. Thank you for posting about the hematoma...i am wondering if that was what it was. I didnt have any fevers...but have been slightly nauseous when i wake from a nap. When i went to the e.r. that night my hemoglobin was good and my iron count was actually slightly higher than before suegery. Only way i will find out is when i go to on tuesday.
Unread 07-26-2014, 11:52 PM

If it should happen again before going to the doctor, I would save the pads and show him just in case he doesn't believe you. I hope you don't have another episode and that the rest of the healing is uneventful
Unread 07-27-2014, 03:36 AM

Leiaaa wow how scary. I hope the worst is behind you and you get some answers and you heal properly from here on out.. I've been feeling good just a lil crampy a few days. Today I went to a friends for a bbq. I told my husband it's like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. I hope my healing continues nicely and I don't have any issues. Makes you wonder how far out before you don't have to worry any more.
Unread 07-27-2014, 06:38 AM

Showing your doc the "evidence" of your bleeding is a great idea. You could even use your phone to take pictures.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register