Good News and Questions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Good News and Questions Good News and Questions

Unread 01-08-2004, 02:07 PM
Good News and Questions

I am 41,otherwise healthy.... experiencing increasingly long,increasingly hemorrhagic periods periods that eventually became one long unending period.I had a pap and vag u/s last month.The u/s showed very large bilat ovarian cysts(completely echogenic......Thank God) and a thickened endometrium.No fibroids.Pap showed atypical glandular cells only.My gyno was all over this.....Bless him!!I had a colposcopy w/ endometrial and cervical biopsies in the office.I mainly feared endo CA.I just got all my results and NO CA!!!!!There is cervical dysplasia.Gyno recommends a LEEP and Lap drainage of cysts and ablation.I do trust his judgement, but is this reasonable? I have a f/u u/s coming 1/27 and we will decide my tx options.My childbearing is over and he would consider a hyst.Does anyone have a similar history?Everyone I know has a different opinion,mostly not based on personal experience.I am taking Aygestin 5mg bid.......down from tid.

This site is a Blessing!

Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2004, 02:20 PM
Good News and Questions

First of all, congrads on being cancer free! As far as the cervical dysplasia goes, I had that when I was 22 and I had the vaginal laser surgery which was an outpt procedure and they only gave you a sedative--don't remember any pain..matter of fact, I went out that same night..LOL...just remember that cervical dysplasia can develop into cancer, they are pre-cancerous cells.
Unread 01-08-2004, 02:37 PM
Good News and Questions

I realise the implications of a dysplasia dx........but what a relief it was!!! As a nurse(geriatric) I know just enough to find every worst case imaginable but gyno is not my area of practice.......so I need help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2004, 02:49 PM
Good News and Questions

I am a nurse as well! I didn't tell any of the nurses that cared for me in all my surgeries and when the last one found out because DH spilled it....she asked me why didn't I tell her..I told her that GYN surgeries don't come to my floor and I didn't want anyone to assume that I knew everything and not give me any information..she respected that. Good luck !!!
Unread 01-08-2004, 07:14 PM
Good News and Questions

Hey Deb,

No, I wasn't offered a hysterectomy at first. My drs have tried all sorts of things. But my cyst keeps growing. I also have a cyst on my cervix and there is a mass of something on my fallopian tubes. The radiologist that read my Pel. Ult. said it looked like a tubal pregnancy .... but I had a tubal 10 years ago when I was 25 after my son was born. They gave me a pregnancy test to make sure and it was negative. I will have my left ovary, tubes, uterus removed. They coudln't tell the condition of my right ovary because it's pressed up against my uterus. My Gyno said if it was healthy, he would leave it.

Unread 01-09-2004, 07:16 AM
Good News and Questions

Will ovarian cysts alone cause the severe ,prolonged bleeding I've been having basically all this last year?There was no sign of endometriosis and no fibroids but the endometrium was thickened.Every time the gyno tries to reduce my Aygestin dose......the bleeding comes back.So far bid is holding AF off and I know my anemia is improving.I feel silly whining when so many have so much more to complain about...but I'm a horrible patient.I have a constant dull pelvic pain............been there so long I don't even notice unless it isn't hurting and I look about 5 mths pregnant.

Whinily,

Deb

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register