LAVH 7 weeks post hysterectomy, still having pain - who should I see? | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

7 weeks post hysterectomy, still having pain - who should I see? 7 weeks post hysterectomy, still having pain - who should I see?

Unread 07-16-2017, 07:26 PM
7 weeks post hysterectomy, still having pain - who should I see?

Ok it's been 7 weeks post op. I have that gut feeling but not sure who to see. I was starting to feel a tiny bit better. I went for my check up and she said the pain I am having on left side and above c section line is phantom spasms. I have tried everything she has asked of me. I am still having pain, especially lower left side. I don't know if I go to a new Gyne doctor for a second opinion or primary care. Either way it would be a new doctor. My doctor is out on maternity leave. In my gut I don't feel right. I went back to work and that caused some more pain, cramping and spotting along with some drainage. It comes with some nausea. Who should I see? Do I call the first doctor/ surgeon even if she said I was fine.

So confused. I hate starting over again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2017, 11:36 AM
Re: 7 weeks post hysterectomy, still having pain - who should I see?

Hello Jennyd83

I am sorry that you are having these frustrations. Certainly having those pains (or even phantom pains) on the lower left side are tough. When would you normally go through PMS…? Maybe the phantom spasms are exacerbated by your ovary/ovaries trying to get back into the swing of things especially as your body will still produced an egg every month.

You are your own best advocate when it comes to your overall health. Personally, I know my GP would do a pelvic exam but I am not sure that yours would (it depends on the office). I can also remember getting slight pains along my lower left side anytime I would turn in bed but that gradually dissipated. You can reach out to your original doctor but when could she see you if she is out on maternity leave…? I’d probably search out another gyn even for a second pair of eyes/advice on your case.

You are not alone in any of this sweetie. You can also share and connect with sisters that had surgery the same week as you here: May 29- June 4 Recovery Thread .

Please let us know how you are doing.
Sending your way.
Unread 07-17-2017, 07:42 PM
7 weeks post hysterectomy, still having pain - who should I see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennyd83 View Post
Ok it's been 7 weeks post op. I have that gut feeling but not sure who to see. I was starting to feel a tiny bit better. I went for my check up and she said the pain I am having on left side and above c section line is phantom spasms. I have tried everything she has asked of me. I am still having pain, especially lower left side. I don't know if I go to a new Gyne doctor for a second opinion or primary care. Either way it would be a new doctor. My doctor is out on maternity leave. In my gut I don't feel right. I went back to work and that caused some more pain, cramping and spotting along with some drainage. It comes with some nausea. Who should I see? Do I call the first doctor/ surgeon even if she said I was fine.

So confused. I hate starting over again.
You are your best advocate and nobody knows your body better then you. I also had some bad pains and bleeding and just felt in my guy that something wasn't right. They had me go to ER and did a scan and everything came back fine they gave me more pain meds and sent me on my way but I knew something wasn't right. I then made an appointment with gyno and told her about the bad pains and knowing that something wasn't right. She did a pelvic exam and found an infection at the top of my vaginal cuff then I ended up in the hospital needing iv antibiotics for after the oral ones didn't work. Sorry, didn't mean to ramble....my point is nobody believed me when I told them how much pain I was in on my left side, the cramps I was getting and the bleeding but I made them find out why. Like I said nobody's know your body better than you and if you feel something isn't right then you tell them that!!!!!!!!!!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register