LAVH Pain meds at 5 weeks post hysterectomy still? | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pain meds at 5 weeks post hysterectomy still? Pain meds at 5 weeks post hysterectomy still?

Unread 07-17-2017, 05:48 AM
Pain meds at 5 weeks post hysterectomy still?

Hello
Is anyone still using strong meds on bad days of pain after doing too much at 5 weeks? I feel like such a failure needing them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2017, 05:59 AM
Re: Pain meds at 5 weeks still?

I think it's fairly unusual. You say you're doing too much? What have you been doing? Are you following your Drs instructions? If you are, and still in that much pain, I think that it would make sense to have your dr check you out.
Unread 07-17-2017, 06:01 AM

I guess standing for an hour straight or lifting a little bit here and there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2017, 06:01 AM

i agree...what are you doing that is causing that much pain? have you tried motrin or aleve in place of pain meds? see your dr if normal everyday activities are causing you pain.
Unread 07-17-2017, 06:03 AM

[quote][/QUOTE

Yes taking the Australian version of Aleve which we call naproxen. It didn't help today
Unread 07-17-2017, 10:57 AM

I doubt that standing for an hour at 5 weeks would be causing that type of pain. You say "a little lifting". What have you been lifting and how heavy is it? Were you cleared by your dr to do that?
Unread 07-17-2017, 03:45 PM

No I have t been cleared yet by my Dr. I was lifting pots and pans in the kitchen. Looking at past posts and threads by previous recovering hyster sisters it looks like I'm not alone when it comes to pain still at 5 weeks from increased activity so I guess I don't feel too much of a whimp
Unread 07-17-2017, 05:43 PM

I think that twinges and soreness is common, but pain that requires strong meds is something else. I think it would be a good idea to check in with your dr. Hope you feel better!
Unread 07-17-2017, 07:36 PM

I am 4 weeks today for a lavh and am still needing them 1-2 times a day by the end of the day and am following all instructions. I should also tell you that I did have a vaginal cuff infection 2 weeks in that oral antibiotics didnt help and needed iv antibiotics last week.
Unread 07-18-2017, 12:32 PM
Re: Pain meds at 5 weeks post hysterectomy still?

The truth is, a lot of the ladies on this site, who still need pain meds longer than 3 weeks, do not post about it. I really think there should be a section for those who still struggle with pain(and pain meds) after the 3 week mark. Keep open communication with your doctor about addiction worries. It took me a long time to accept that I still need help and I'm a few months out. Recovery is different for every one, depending on what you had removed. But yes, its common for some ladies out there to still need them, even around the 1 year mark, so I've heard. A lot of factors go into how long you need them, so remember that. I still struggle emotionally knowing I need them, but your doctors are there to help you and remember they can help you get off of them too. Good luck, the healing process can take a long time. Keep positive and aware of your medication use. Rest often it will help! Sending hugs, I know at 5 weeks, I needed them often!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register