I have my life back--3 months Post Op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I have my life back--3 months Post Op I have my life back--3 months Post Op

Unread 02-03-2007, 04:20 PM
I have my life back--3 months Post Op

I haven't been on in a while--but I remember when I was a new post op and even pre op I liked to hear from sisters that were having positive experiences.

I just want you all to know I feel like I have my life back--no pain, no periods!! I started on .3mg of cenestin at week 7. I have never felt better--high energy! I started back to work at week 4. Started back to the gym at week 12. I have lost 11 pounds doing Weight Watchers. All the bloating water weight gain is gone!! I can wear pants I haven't been able to wear in a long time!

I have people tell me all during the day how great I look and that I just glow! I must have really been looking bad prior to surgery! I have started dating and I am loving it--sex is better than ever! So if you need a positive influence from one of the sisters--I am it--Life is Good and I wish I had done this a few years back!! Take care and May God Bless Each of You!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2007, 04:25 PM

That is wonderful to hear. Something for the rest of us to look forward too.
Unread 02-03-2007, 04:56 PM

Thank you so much for posting that. It gives me hope.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2007, 05:14 PM

Good for you, its so nice to hear when someone gets well and feels like their oldself (painfree). Best wishes.
Unread 02-03-2007, 05:39 PM

That is great news! Glad to hear that you are feeling great! I can't wait until I am feeling that great!
Unread 02-08-2007, 07:52 AM

GA61grl,

I was wondering how long it took using the .3mg Cenestin before you felt better? I have tried it and felt great except I could not sleep using it. Do you take your medication in the morning, noon or at night? I want to give it another try because my doctor really likes this med. I just would like to get some sleep with it like I do Enjuvia.

Thanks for any input.
Unread 02-08-2007, 08:03 AM

Hi GA61grl,
What is the 3mg Cenestin used for? I had my surgery on November the 8th. I had lost 15 pounds until I started back on my regular diet, now I have put 10 back on again. I went to the gym at curves, and could not do very much without shaking everywhere. So I only went around once. I now have pneumonia, and just feel very tired.
Strawberries
Unread 02-08-2007, 04:46 PM

The .3 mg of Cenestin is a natural eestrogen made from soy and yams (It does require a Drs prescription and I chose to take the pill form) I take it every morning after I get up. It only took me about 3 days before I started feeling better and in less than one week I was sleeping thru the night without night sweats. The surgery and then the small amount of estrogen have been life changeiing for me for the better!
Unread 02-08-2007, 05:27 PM
Way to go!!

I had my surgery Nov 14th and I just love my new, improved self. Some things are a bit perplexing though. I used to be a confirmed night-own and detested getting up early in the morning. Now-a-days, I bounce out of bed about 4:45 am, walk/jog on my treadmill 4-5 miles, shower and do my morning routine, and have time to have my morning tea and read the paper before I head to work. At work, I feel quite energetic; I am a school nurse so I need to be active and "with it." Then, when I get home, after dinner, I start turning into a pumpkin. The few shows I like to watch on TV start at 9 pm and I have yet to be able to stay up that late unless it's a weekend and I have had a nap. So I tape the shows and watch them while exercising. All in all, life is so very good. Sex is great and I have lost 10Lbs and can wear my "skinny jeans" again. I kept my ovaries but used some HRT while they were "shocked" from the surgery. Then one morning I noticed a pimple on my nose and decided the ovaries might be back in action. They were and I am no longer on the HRT; felt great on it though so when I do hit menopaus I believe I will revisit the issue. Just wanted to tell you all that I have appreciated reading your postings and benefited from a lot of your advice. Thank you for sharing so generously!!! Wishing you all speedy recoveries and wonderful lives!!!
Unread 02-08-2007, 05:38 PM

Boy I wish I had that energy level. No ovaries no hrt and gets pimples any way. Go figure. All in all not too bad. Everyday is different and thank God I don't have the pain from before.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register