You gals won't believe THIS! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

You gals won't believe THIS! You gals won't believe THIS!

Unread 10-26-2004, 12:06 PM
You gals won't believe THIS!

Ok - I posted in Pre-Op to give you gals waiting for a Hyst time to get discount airline tickets to germany....

I got my "bill" today from the hospital. It shows not only what the actual costs are if you DO NOT have insurance - but my portion - Now don't scream - don't virtually bang me over the head but...

A TAH in germany costs......

2,442.02€ WITHOUT INSURANCE!

My portion you ask?

15.80€

WOW! SO, it just may be cheaper to fly here - visit me, and get your TAH here in good old Germany!

Mind you - this INCLUDES 8 nights in the Castle!

Also I had a PRIVATE room - I am totally stunned!

Julia
still stunned I must be in the
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2004, 12:33 PM

Sounds good to me!
Unread 10-26-2004, 12:42 PM

There are definate benefits to goverment run health insurance! Although there are disadvantages too. Our foreign exchange student from Germany waited to get to the USA to buy her contacts as they aren't covered under the insurance plan. And they are much more expensive there. I'm glad you will be getting your surgery at such a bargain! Best wishes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2004, 12:59 PM

Sorry if I confused you a bit - but I already had my OP

Also, germany is not govt funded health care like Canada, UK, or Australia. We pay insurance like the USA but we just have a better govt CONTROLLED costs the insurers can charge so to speak.

I am still shocked - I am waiting for ANOTHER bill to come in telling me that i still owe for the operating theatre or something

Julia
Unread 10-26-2004, 01:34 PM
Wow

Wow
You got a hyst at bargain basement prices.... Kinda like shopping at a warehouse....
You did good girl, kudos to you for such an inexpensive surgery.
I was in the castle for 2 days with no complications of any kind, and my bill was over 20,000.00
Way to go!!!!!
Unread 10-26-2004, 02:00 PM
Re: Wow

Quote:
Originally posted by snickers
Wow
You got a hyst at bargain basement prices.... Kinda like shopping at a warehouse....
You did good girl, kudos to you for such an inexpensive surgery.
I was in the castle for 2 days with no complications of any kind, and my bill was over 20,000.00
Way to go!!!!!
I know the states are outrageous! For all my cancer OPs stateside- I went over my Ins quota, was then left with no ins and had to file bankruptcy (back in 94) my portion of all that AFTER ins - 80K! No way in my life would I ever have a hope of paying that!

I got lucky is all - good ins, and good doc who "gave" me the private room - normally that costs way extra.

I hope all you gals waiting for your OPs have good experiences and do not go bankrupt in the process - I am thinking of all you "becoming" s!

Julia
Unread 10-26-2004, 02:07 PM

My German gilfriend married an American and was preparing to become a citizen...the more she learned, the more she decided not to. My brother's Thai wife didn't pay anything for her gal bladder. It is an insurance racket...the Dr.s don't get that much, not does the castle. My bill was over 20 grand...I get to pay 20 percent.
Unread 10-26-2004, 02:22 PM

My hospital and doctor billed my insurance for $25,000 for my surgery. I was in the hospital for 1.5 days. Of course, the hospital "settled" for less than that. . . . I read an article in the newspaper Sunday. It said that some people were going to India and other countries for surgery. One man, a carpenter (presumably without health insurance), was quoted $200,000 for heart surgery in the U.S. He got it done in India for $10,000, which included round trip transportation from the U.S. to India, plus a side trip to the Taj Mahal. He said he had excellent surgeons and excellent care. . . . I've talked to students from Hong Kong who go "home" whenever they need surgery, because there is almost no charge for medical procedures there. . . . If I didn't have health insurance, I would have been bankrupt a long time ago.

Barbara
Unread 10-26-2004, 02:26 PM

Barbara,

even with health Ins in the states one can go bankrupt! I just hope my husbands firm does not transfer him to the US office - I would be SOL - I am totally UNINSURABLE in the states due to all my health issues - would have to fly back to germany to get ANYTHING done!

It really is interesting to learn about how different ins and healthcare work in other countries - it still amazes me...

Julia

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register