Pre-op testing scheduled and I'm getting nervous | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-op testing scheduled and I'm getting nervous Pre-op testing scheduled and I'm getting nervous

Unread 09-23-2008, 09:20 PM
Pre-op testing scheduled and I'm getting nervous

I'm a little over three weeks from surgery and the hospital called today to schedule my pre-op testing. I'm feeling kind of anxious and overwhelmed. DH is having some health issues, too, and a new medication is really wearing him down. I really need him to be healthy and able to help. I have family and friends I can call on if necessary but DH already knows how things work (kind of anyway, :0) ) I know it's all going to work out but I'm stressing anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2008, 06:39 AM

((( DeRose ))), I remember feeling a bit overwhelmed after my surgery pre-op was scheduled. Add to that your extra worries about your DH and I can only imagine how stressed your are.

I hope that your DH adjusts to the meds soon and you can stop the extra worry There. It's good that you have people to call on if needed - please don't hesitate to do so.

Best wishes.

S
Unread 09-24-2008, 09:15 AM

Hi DeRose - Being stressed out and overwhelmed at this point in time is totally understable. Don't beat yourself up about it!

Feel free to come here and complain, whine, cry and look for support. We are all here for you!

Take care -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2008, 04:08 PM

I remembered being stressed for no reason at all. Things will go so much smoother that you expect. My prayers are with you. Keep reading here.
Unread 09-24-2008, 08:16 PM

Thank you all. DH is still not doing very well. I'm going to have to take him to the doctor and/or hospital tomorrow. I know he's dehydrated again. (He had to get an IV earlier this week because of the medicine's effects on him.) The good thing is the doctor is changing his medicine so hopefully, he'll be feeling better soon. Today's been really rough for both of us. He's been so sick and I'm worrying about who's going to take care of me (and our son - daughters both are in college) while I recover. I don't want to sound selfish but I've spent so much time taking care of everyone - all 3 of our children have chronic disorders and DH has had several major health issues - that I was hoping for the chance to be taken care of without having to do all the planning and coordinating for once. I'm sorry - I do sound selfish. I don't mean to. I'm just a little stressed tonight.
Unread 09-24-2008, 08:36 PM

Sometimes the hardest part of surgery is the anticipation. When you add the needs of others onto your already heavy load, it is small wonder that you don't retire to a rubber room. I assume that you are having surgery to correct/resolve a health problem that is adding to your burden, so I am hoping that once you have the surgery and have recovered, you will feel better.

You are not at all selfish in wanting to be taken care of. Take advantage of any and all offers for help from friends and family. Sometimes what is needed is serious venting, and this seems a very good place in which to do that!
Unread 09-25-2008, 04:30 AM

Gosh, what a lot you have to deal with, I hope the Cyberhug I am sending reaches you safely.

You have every right to feel the need to be selfish for once and your Hystersisters really do understand.

I would suggest that you plan ahead by stocking the freezer and filling the cupboards prior to surgery so that it is only fresh groceries that are needed post op. I made sure that I covered all cleaning and laundry stuff too.

I know you want DH to look after you but is this a realistic hope? Would he manage better with another family member around to do some of the cooking or cleaning or other chores? Could you plan for this?

I am thinking of you and hope you find a way through this that will enable you to heal slowly and safely. Remember to follow the post op instructions and pamper the princess as much as you can.

Katy
Unread 09-25-2008, 06:33 AM

I am blessed with a very caring church family. They are bringing one meal per day for the first two weeks I'm home. My son is staying with other family while I'm at "the castle" and is welcome there any other time he needs some normalcy. I think I have most everything covered except for me and the pets. I do have my best friend and SIL as back up help for the first week. I know everything will work out somehow but I just want DH if at all possible.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register