TAH Bleeding? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-19-2012, 01:56 AM
Bleeding?

I had my hysterectomy on May 15, 2012 at 7:30am. Tuesday night no sleep I was up every hour my sister stayed at the hospital with me so the nurses did not check on me much. I was ok with that the pain was not to bad. I cam home Wed. The 16th and slept almost all day. By Thursday day 2 I was op and down with a lot of pain and was missing that hospital bed. I have put all my med times in my phone because day 2 and 3 I had no med set time just when it hurt. Learned really fast that's not the way to go take pills before pain gets to bad. From day one I had no bleeding discharge. I did spot 3 little brown blood spots smaller than a dime in the hospital the day of surgery. I have stopped wearing pads or liners because there is no discharge. I am a little concerned because everything I read says I will bleed slightly after surgery no matter what kind of surgery you will bleed. So my question is do I need to go to the hospital for not bleeding? I'm not complaining but am worried. My pain seems all normal except when I touch my right side it is a lot like drinking something cold on a bad tooth (that sort of pain when touched) I did have a lot of scar tissue removed from the right side and had edmetriosis (sp?) That had covered the left ovary and tube and also connected them to my pelvic bone. Any input would be great. Thank you in advance and have a blessed day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2012, 02:55 AM
Re: Bleeding?

I had no bleeding apart from minor residual bleeding on day of surgery. Not a single drop after. I was very relieved as I hate wearing pads. Count yourself blessed. Some people get a bit of spotting which is supposed to be from stitches dissolving, but I didn't have any.
Pain meds- take them at the directed intervals, that is the current thinking.
I hope you have a speedy recovery. Remember rest is vital.
Unread 05-19-2012, 05:26 AM

I had a TAH 2 weeks ago and never bled either. I went through menopause 6 yrs ago. I bought pads for surgery and didn't need them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2012, 06:01 AM

Moondancers you are okay. I am almost 8 weeks post op and like zany56 I had no bleeding except for a little spotting after the first day in the hospital. My pain was manageable. I was looking also because my dr. said it could be a possibility. I didn't and I'm thankful.

Take care and don't overdo things and I pray that you may have a speedy recovery
Unread 05-23-2012, 07:33 AM

Thank you for the advice. The pain seems to be getting worse. When I move it feels like my insides are burning and everything inside is falling out. I called the Dr. And he said everything is normal. The burning is because I have been overdoing it. Honestly all I have been doing is laying down, sitting down, and walking a few minutes each day. Did not think it would feel like this. Many women go through this everyday and I don't want to seem like a complainer
Unread 05-23-2012, 09:16 AM

Moondancers you are not complaining. Your pain is real. You are still very early in your recovery. During my first week getting up and down was so hard. If you were sent home with a binder try wearing it. It'll give you support. If you don't have one try using a pillow when you get up and down.

Take your pain medicine as directed. Drink plenty of water and rest. Your body lets you know when you've overdone things.

Remember you are going to be just fine
Hugs to you
Unread 05-23-2012, 09:40 AM

I was not sent home with a binder. I have been using a pillow when I walk and especially when I cough. It helps at times. I'm thinking of getting the binder from the site. It may help.
Unread 05-23-2012, 09:47 AM

to you Moondancer, you are fine. I had no bleeding until wk 2 or 3 when a pinkish discharge started. It stopped around week 5. Stay on top of your pain meds, even if you have to set an alarm. If your body is in pain it's concentration is on that instead of healing like it should be. Pillows may help you become comfrotable in bed. I agree the hospital bed was the best. I use a bunch of little pillows and just prop them various places to help me get comfortable. Rest, rest, rest so your body can heal and heal well. Drink lots of water and walk around the house some to get moving but don't overdue it. Listen to your body. Although I hated the discharge it was a great indicator if I did too much. Happy healing to you.
Unread 05-23-2012, 09:53 AM

I found that the binder made a huge difference, but definitely use the pillow espicially when you get up and down until you are comfortable without it. Yes it will help you with coughing and walking too.
Unread 05-23-2012, 09:57 AM

It's been almost 3 weeks since my surgery, and I haven't had any spotting or bleeding at all either. Slight spotting day of surgery. I am SO thankful, but like you I keep wondering if I will eventually, lol. I chalked it up to a good healing process and skillful surgeon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register