Just Had My Pre-op Visit..... Tah Next Tuesday - Getting Scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just Had My Pre-op Visit..... Tah Next Tuesday - Getting Scared Just Had My Pre-op Visit..... Tah Next Tuesday - Getting Scared

Unread 09-07-2001, 12:03 PM
Just Had My Pre-op Visit..... Tah Next Tuesday - Getting Scared

Well I just got back from pre op appointment, doctor says he's doing a TAH on me - i didn't really get a whole lot of time to ask the doctor a whole lot of questions (hard for him to concentrate with a waiting room full of pregnant women about to pop, i guess).

I guess my emotions got the better of me when I was in the waiting room, because my appointment was for 11AM and at 11:10 they tell me that the doctor wasn't able to leave the hospital because he had an unexpected delivery come up (boy i felt good then). Then I had to wait in a room full of pregnant women, a few of them had a few kids each already...... I was the only one there for a hysterectomy appointment - i started feeling sorry for myself, boohooing the works..... I don't have any children myself and it just seemed a little insensitive to me that i was forced to sit in a room full of people whose reproductive organs were APPARENTLY working just FINE. Does anyone else feel like this is the most unfair thing of all? Anyone out there have a hysterectomy that does NOT have children? I am 33 years old......

I'm gettting scared...... my sister is coming in from texas on sunday for three weeks, we only get one day before my surgery..... to top all of this off we have to move sometime within the next month, too much to do, too little time/money to do it all in......

going to the castle on the 11th..... everyone wish me luck! pray for me! pray for my mental health afterwards!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2001, 12:09 PM
Just Had My Pre-op Visit..... Tah Next Tuesday - Getting Scared

I'm so sorry about your experience at the doctor's office. I was 28, with no kids, when I had my TAH last year. Even though I always said I never wanted kids, surprisingly enough I got pretty upset sitting with a bunch of pregnant women at the office too. I guess it was just that there was always a chance to change my mind in the future, and that chance was being taken away. I was also put on the maternity floor when I had my surgery, and sometimes a nurse would come in and ask a question about my "baby", which was also pretty distressing.

It's great that your sister is coming for three weeks. You'll need her help! Being scared is perfectly normal - in fact, I think it's some kind of requirement! I was beyond terrified, and kept thinking about all the "what-if's". The ladies here, and my husband, helped me through it. The waiting was the worst part, and I feel wonderful now.

Please feel free to e-mail me directly if you have any questions, or want to talk, or post your questions here and we'll all do our best to help you through this!
Unread 09-07-2001, 03:27 PM
I had my pre-op appt today as well!!

Hi Jewell,

We have the same surgery date! I had my pre op appt today as well. However the waiting room was empty. But at work I had four woman constantly around me that were pregnant. I even had to go to a baby shower and get another one a present before I left work on disability.

Needless to say I have cried my eyes out. I am 35, single and no children. Sometimes I get so angry at how unfair this all is. I have never been extremely maternal but I didn't want my option to be taken away. I think about the future and when I meet a man that I will have to tell him that I can't have children.

I could continue with the laps and horrible drugs for the minute chance that I could have a child. But to be really honest, I can't handle the constant pain anymore. I try to think about how much better I will feel. I'm planning to give birth to a new me. I am going to travel and spend money excessively. lol

I also know that I have to option of adoption and I am keeping my ovaries so maybe a surrogate? I know that this may not make you feel better. But please know that you are not alone! I understand how you feel!!

Warmest regards and Best Wishes for a speedy recovery!
Rosalind

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register