Oh goody. Now I have air bubbles at the end of urination | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Oh goody.  Now I have air bubbles at the end of urination Oh goody. Now I have air bubbles at the end of urination

Unread 01-24-2014, 05:43 PM
Oh goody. Now I have air bubbles at the end of urination

I am so beyond over done with this whole operation and hitting all the weird complications that if I could go back in time and NOT do this, I would! All of the preop symptoms I had were preferable to the postoperative ones.

I know I saw this recently-that someone had something similar. I had a kidney infection a week ago and still on antibiotics. But the last two days I have had slight accidents when urgency happened and couldn't get to the restroom in time. Today, air bubbles came out of the urethra at the end of urination. >:-(.

I hate to even question what this means. 1 more week until checkup-I just don't think I can process anymore bad news
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2014, 06:31 PM
Re: Oh goody. Now I have air bubbles at the end of urination

You can have a gas producing UTI. Did they get a culture and sensitivity on the last urine sample? May be that antibiotic you took for last weeks uti wasn't the right one. You can initially feel improvement but still have underlying infection
Unread 01-24-2014, 06:48 PM

I too felt exactly the same as you regretting having the surgery especially having to have a catheter in for 6 weeks due to my bladder being too swollen to urinate on my own even went on a 2 week pre booked holiday with it in ( did mot enjoy joliday at all) I was so depressed but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Im now 11 weeks post op and starting to feel a little more human. It will get better hang in there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2014, 11:44 PM

I totally agree with being done with this hysterecyomy. I feel worse since having it done 8 weeks ago. Just seems like I'm getting all these weird complications too. From sore vajaja to granulation tissue and now i'm getting these weird little air bubbles coming from either vajajay or uretha when I sit sometimes. Have no clue what this new symptom means but it just seems like one thing or another. Praying for us all to get better.
Unread 01-25-2014, 10:38 AM

They did culture but said nothing specific came back and to continue the cipro.

I only had WBCs in my urinalysis test but because is symptoms and WBCs they thought it was infection.
Unread 01-25-2014, 01:08 PM

Some drugs can cause bubbles in the urine. Phenazopyridine (acts as a mild analgesic) for example which is often given at the same time as anti-biotics when treating an UTI infection. So it maybe that what you are experiencing is a side effect of some of your treatment. However, its something that you should certainly chat to your Dr about when you can.
Unread 01-25-2014, 02:08 PM

Hi Canonshots, sorry to hear about the bubbles but at least you are on antibiotics which will hopefully help get you to your check up for an answer...bladder issues seem pretty common on this site--hopefully my demise will help you feel better that you can pee haha

Retrowoman68, I am Day 19 with catheter (self) (had TVH, A & P, VV, fibroid, adenomyosis) and my Doc finally admitted that it was a stitch that got a lttle to close to my eurethra! YIKES! Up to yesterday I was terrified I would never pee again..still worrisome but your story gives me hope that I definitely need right now.

Other than peeing I feel so much better in general since I felt so terrible before...WIshing all of you healing wishes to speed your recovery.

Hugs from Princess CJ
Unread 01-26-2014, 01:54 PM

I also wish i could go back in time. I would have chosen another path..ablasion,for my reoccuring polyps. Since my bladderwas cut and restitched during surgery, then wearing a cath for twoweeks, then 3 rounds of antibiotics... On the 4th now...ugh... Wandering if i will ever feel normal again. Oh yeah, and my vaginal cuff still has two stitches. And recently been havin this bubbling at end of urination also.Brought it up to dr and she rather poo pooed it. I will ask again at next appt. Hate complaining..and i dont to anyone else, just glad others here know what i am feeling. Thank u ladies.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register