Help me!! Surgery tomorrow!!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help me!! Surgery tomorrow!!! Help me!! Surgery tomorrow!!!

Unread 03-30-2004, 03:14 PM
Help me!! Surgery tomorrow!!!

Hi Melinda,

I just wanted to send s your way. I am exactly one week out from my TAH and feel pretty darned good! Everything will be okay. Just hang in there.
Debbie D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2004, 03:27 PM

Melinda,

Good luck to you... You will be in my thoughts tomorrow along with some of the other gals I have been reading...Good luck to you.
Lot of hugs to you...
Unread 03-30-2004, 03:35 PM
with ya

I am with ya. My surgery is at noon. I have been packed for days. I followed the lists on the site. It made me feel more in control (at moments).

I'll keep you in my thoughts as right now the whole thing is wiping me out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2004, 04:17 PM

Melinda,
My surgery was 3/22 and if you search my posts you'll see that I posted all night the night before. No, you won't sleep. Yes, posting seems to help. No, no one can tell you anything to make you less nervous, but trust me.........when it was all over with, I wondered why I was so nervous and upset about getting it done. I feel great and I'm 8 days post op from TAH/BSO. I still have a little swelly belly but the most trouble I'm having is trying to remind myself I just had major surgery and I can't do anything and everything I want to do right now. Just try to take deep breaths and think about the day after tomorrow. It will done and over with before you know it and then it will only be a vague memory as time heals everything. Let people help you, and lean on friends and family. If nothing else, it gives you something to do to pass the time away. I try to pray for every woman who is facing this time in their life and I'm thankful for the things I've learned on this message board, the friends I've made, and the peace of mind that has replaced all my doubts and fears. I'll say a little prayer just for you tonight. Let me know how it goes , when you feel like posting.
Janie
Unread 03-30-2004, 04:28 PM

Wow, there must be something about tomorrow. I have to be at the castle at 5:00AM!! Yuck, but atleast I won't even be thinking about breakfast yet.

I doubt that I will get much sleep tonight either Too many thoughts racing through the mind. I have spent the day doing laundry, laid out the kids clothes for the week (just to make sure they somewhat match, the clothes, not the kids )

I've been telling myself "by this time tomorrow" all day long from the moment I woke up this morning. So ladies, by this time tomorrow, it will all be over! YEAH!!

But seriously, take time for yourself tonight. I plan on taking a nice long soaking bubble bath, since it will be awhile before that gets to happen again, spending the evening with the fam, and trying to relax. I sincerely hope we will all be back in a few days saying, "So that is what we were so worried about?? Piece of cake!" Take care all March 31st sisters!!

Cheryl
Unread 03-30-2004, 05:49 PM

Melinda (and all you other LIW) -

I'm 12 days post-op with TAH/BSO. Like you, I was on these boards constantly the day and night before, grabbing onto message strings like they were lifelines. Princesses are always saying "the waiting is the worst", and they're right. Here's why:

If you look at some of my pre-op posts, I jokingly referred to my Doc as "Jason, reving up the chainsaw in the shed outside." My biggest fear was the actual deed - the cutting open of my body.

But now that it's all over, it's as though I skipped that whole part. There's the worry-worry-worry beforehand, the heart-beating-like-a-rabbit as they're preparing you for surgery, and then ...

You're on the other side. Your belly hurts, but great drugs and loving family take care of you. Every day you feel stronger, until the day comes when you're walking around your neighborhood and feeling better than you have in years. It's not just removing the diseased parts; it's the relief that comes from either finding out things weren't as bad in there as you thought, or from finding out that yes, they found something, but now you know your enemy by name and he can't hide in the dark any longer. It's YOU on the offensive now.

The actual deed - the surgery - is something you'll know only as a legend, something others tell you about. You literally don't feel a thing (isn't anethesia wonderful?) and in weeks to come, you'll look down at your belly and think, "Wow. I can't believe I was so worried."

When the anethesiologist smiles down at you tomorrow, smile back. He's the one who's going to help you skip the tough part, the one who splices "Count backward ..." and "Wake up" into a seamless clip. It will be all uphill from there.

Aly
Unread 03-30-2004, 06:00 PM
it will be a breeze

Good luck to you all that are having surgery tommorrow, It will go easy. The hardest part is waiting- anticipation. I had a total hysterectomy-gal bladder surgery together. Are you having hormone replacement therapy - estrogen- ?
Unread 03-30-2004, 06:03 PM

Melinda, oh my gosh you have worked yourself into a frenzy! All I can say to you at this point is: TRUST ME -- it's NOT all that bad! It really isn't, and you just have to take my word on this! (Since I am old enough to be your mother, please take my advice...stop worrying!) This will be an adventure with a positive outcome for you, I just know it.
Unread 03-30-2004, 06:14 PM

Aly,

Well put! By the time you think it's started, it's over! Take care to all our sisters going in this week!
Unread 03-30-2004, 07:58 PM

Melinda...I too am very nervous tonight as my surgery is tomorrow too. I keep thinking positive thoughts about how great I will feel after the surgery and try not to think about tomorrow. I keep thinking of doing it one step at a time...make it thru one part and then onto the next. Before you know it ...it will be over..I've worked so hard today around the house trying to get my house in order and making sure all is complete.

We will survive...we are strong women...afraid of the unknown and when its done....a big sigh of relief. We will be on the other side soon...Good luck and I will be thinking of you too....

Ann

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register