Scheduled LSH Surgery sched for thurs. and I'm sick! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery sched for thurs. and I'm sick! Surgery sched for thurs. and I'm sick!

Unread 02-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Re: Surgery sched for thurs. and I'm sick!

My surgery is on the same day and now, in addition to having the worst period cramps ever, I'm starting to feel sick. My throat hurts and I feel congested....my kids were sick all week so I guess it was inevitable
I guess I have to call my Dr. in the morning...
Hope you are all doing well!
~Laura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law001 View Post
My surgery is on the same day and now, in addition to having the worst period cramps ever, I'm starting to feel sick. My throat hurts and I feel congested....my kids were sick all week so I guess it was inevitable
I guess I have to call my Dr. in the morning...
Hope you are all doing well!
~Laura

Aw so sorry to hear that. This totally stinks! My surgery date was tomorrow. I can't believe I had to reschedule. That is how my symtoms started. My daughter was sick first and I thought I was probably doomed. Oh I did the Zpac like 2 weeks ago not sure if it helped but this was something different. Maybe we will still get this out of the way very soon. Even if they are willing to My Dr. said he wouldn't want to do elective surgery on someone whose immune system is already down and working to get you well. Key I think was 'elective' and mine was. So I'm hoping to get something in the next couple weeks. Best of luck to you either way.
Unread 02-12-2012, 06:47 PM

I had sinus infection and had just finished about 10 days of antibiotics the week before surgery. Still felt a little nasal congestion day of surgery. That was four days ago now and everything went fine. I did make sure my doctor and the nurses knew that I had had an infection recently.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2012, 07:35 PM

I'm with all of you! Getting over sinus and upper respiratory infection. And on top of that 3 periods in 6 weeks! Feel so tired and run down, but surgery is still on for Thursday the 16th! So ready to get this over and move on!

My prayers are with all of you thru this....keep me in yours.
Unread 02-12-2012, 07:45 PM

Chaos in my house this weekend. Three of my kids have the cough and sore throat, now one has ear pain and the last, my youngest, fell yesterday and possibly broke her nose, she looks like a klingon from star trek! So my last couple of days before surgery is getting crazy and I still have stuff to get done around here and was not planning on having kids home while trying to get it done! God might have other plans... lol... on the bright side, I think I am starting to feel bet
Darlac thanks it is good to know that even with congestion we can make it to the other side without much issue.

Sunset you are in my prayers along with everyone else.

Good luck to you all in getting better!
Unread 02-12-2012, 07:48 PM

Law001 - I have had my peroid these last few days as well and just tell myself that it was a reminder (yeah like I really needed one) of why I was having this done! Hope you all get feeling better quickly.
Unread 02-12-2012, 07:57 PM

Bless you heart Nacaj! Hang in there you will be in my prayers also!!! ;0)
Unread 02-12-2012, 08:13 PM

Nacaj, your house sounds just like mine...lol!
Never a dull moment.
You will be in my prayers as well.
Wishing you all the best & a speedy recovery.
~ Laura
Unread 02-12-2012, 08:16 PM

Flip flop,
I'm sorry that you have to reschedule. Please keep me posted on what's going on with you...I hope you get in soon.
How are you feeling?
Unread 02-13-2012, 11:53 AM

I hope all of you feel better. The day after your surgery will be here before you know it! I can't believe it's already been 5 days since mine! I'm feeling better every day and although I didn't have a full belly cut, just an LSH, the pain was nowhere near as bad as I had imagined. The headache I got after I was home a couple of days (due to a side effect of hydrocodone, which I stopped taking and switched to Motrin 600) was WAY, WAY worse than the surgical pain! My best to all of you!! :-)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register