Physically good but an emotional wreck! | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Physically good but an emotional wreck! Physically good but an emotional wreck!

Unread 10-29-2011, 02:10 PM
Physically good but an emotional wreck!

Hello ladies! I'm feeling good a week post op, but I'm very afraid to do anything. I blew my nose before and my eyes teared up because I pulled something. I'm afraid to do anything!! No sign of any blood, whatsoever!! I'm thrilled about that but afraid of having my husband go back to work next week. I want to stay in bed for the 6 weeks but I know that it's just unrealistic! Thanks for letting me vent..... Just anxious and want to be completely healed NOW!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2011, 04:02 PM
Re: Physically good but an emotional wreck!

I sympathize with you! I had mine done on the 12th and want to be all healed TODAY! I will be fine emotionally then all of a sudden something sets me off and I start crying! Crazy but I am on hormones and I'm sure it will all get straightened out. I just want to get up and go! Hope you have a good weekend
Unread 10-29-2011, 05:14 PM

Hi Gracie!! Oh, I love taking to other women about this stuff!!! Men just don't get it!! Lol.... I completely understand about that feeling! Are you overwhelmed about what you had just gone thru or is it more about getting the hormones right? I see you had both ovaries removed. My neighbor and a nurse at my doctor's office both had that done and it took some fooling around with doses to 'get it right' but they did and couldn't be happier about how they feel, etc, now!! Just be patient with yourself and your feelings. I have to learn to take my own advice!!!!

Hang in there!!! We'll get thru this!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2011, 05:28 PM

Hi Liloo. I am having similar problems. Actually don't feel too bad physically, but am an emotional wreck. I cry at the slightest thing - especially how my LAVH turned into TAH. All the nurses at the hospital said it was normal. I personally think it is a reaction to the overall physical stress of GA and massive destruction of our insides.
Unread 10-29-2011, 06:13 PM

Hi Zany!! Oh, I know what you mean! I think I'm still trying to wrap my mind around exactly what I just went thru. Lol..... It was all so quick!! I'm sorry, please explain LAVH? TAH? I'm so sorry that I don't know the terms! I had that divinci laparoscopic hysterectomy.... How is that different from yours?

I feel like crying every hour, it seems! Our parish priest called today to see how I was feeling...... I almost cried at that too!! Lol...... I'm a mess!!
Unread 10-29-2011, 06:32 PM

I'm right there with you all. I'm not particularly religious and one of my grandmother's friends did a gift of Healing Masses and Prayers at her church for me. I bawled for a good hour at the sweetness of a stranger!

Overwhelming dreams, crying at the drop of a hat and even sudden spats of anger over absolutely nothing. physically I'm getting better. Still no energy but the pain is much reduced. I've had a few hot flashes but no night sweats thank goodness. Will be having my 2 week followup visit with my Dr. on Monday. Think I'm going to talk to him about hormones.
Unread 10-29-2011, 07:00 PM

LAVH = laparoscopically assisted vaginal hysterectomy - do the cutting with laparoscopic instruments and remove bits through vagina. TAH means the bikini cut through the abdomen. I'm not sure what happened. The doctor said bleeding - I think they may have hit a blood vessel when entering the abdomen with the first set of stuff at the umbilicus because the other two incisions they should have used looked like decoration. I was really disappointed as I play a lot of sport and did not want my abdominal muscles sliced through!
Unread 11-02-2011, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylady1990 View Post
I'm right there with you all. I'm not particularly religious and one of my grandmother's friends did a gift of Healing Masses and Prayers at her church for me. I bawled for a good hour at the sweetness of a stranger!

Overwhelming dreams, crying at the drop of a hat and even sudden spats of anger over absolutely nothing. physically I'm getting better. Still no energy but the pain is much reduced. I've had a few hot flashes but no night sweats thank goodness. Will be having my 2 week followup visit with my Dr. on Monday. Think I'm going to talk to him about hormones.
Hi Skylady, Thanks for sharing! I know what you mean about no energy. Same here. I just want to lay around but I'm tired of just laying around!!!

I am very religious and the Mass was such an amazing gift! I would've cried at how thoughtful that was, too!!

How did your appointment go? Hope all went well!!! Good luck to you!
Unread 11-02-2011, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zany56 View Post
LAVH = laparoscopically assisted vaginal hysterectomy - do the cutting with laparoscopic instruments and remove bits through vagina. TAH means the bikini cut through the abdomen. I'm not sure what happened. The doctor said bleeding - I think they may have hit a blood vessel when entering the abdomen with the first set of stuff at the umbilicus because the other two incisions they should have used looked like decoration. I was really disappointed as I play a lot of sport and did not want my abdominal muscles sliced through!
Oh Zany!!! Yikes!! I hope you recover quickly! I'm so sorry about the possible error with the incisions.

Feel better!!! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!!
Unread 11-02-2011, 06:34 PM

Actually, its getting worse: the incision I shouldn't have had is leaking blood as I have a haematoma under the skin above it. I went back to the surgeon yesterday and he said to let it drain and it will take another 2-3 weeks to heal! Not only that, I am pretty sure that a haematoma like that is a big risk for getting infected. I just hope I would have died if they hadn't opened me up, cause they sure have made a horrible mess.
Actually, inside feels fine and I am not taking any pain meds - so at least that is something positive.
I am just so mad though, and even more emotional than ever, because I could have been feeling really great by now.
My poor husband came home from work last night and foolishly asked him how my day had been. He got an absolute barage of hysterical screaming and crying about what a mess I am when I could have been feeling good!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register