TVH Spotting and pain | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Spotting and pain Spotting and pain

Unread 05-07-2013, 06:59 AM
Spotting and pain

3 weeks post op today Ive been spotting for the entire time, I've attempted to shrug off the spotting because of the nightmare following my surgery, I assumed that it was probably normal under the circumstances. But for the last several days I awake with terrible pain in my abdomen and stomach, not like the gas pains that generally return in the evening. It feels like an elephant has parked his behind on my rib cage and like spasms on the inside as if things are being randomly squeezed, also feels as if I did a thousand sit ups. I am tired to say the least with back pain, I am not one who usually has any kind of pain luckily I've never had any back problems etc. I am not used to this and beginning to think I will never wake up and just not be in pain anymore. I've contemplated calling my doctor back to ask for pain medication but I feel as if I shouldn't be needing it 3 weeks post op. To make things even worse my husband leaves tonight on a hitch ( he works offshore) and I will be alone with 6 kids which I don't think I am prepared for....I wouldn't have survived this long without him. Sadly I have almost come to regret having the procedure done, Id almost prefer to have mood swings, periods, etc., over all of the pain. I hope everyone else's recovery is going alot smoother!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2013, 08:45 AM
Re: Spotting and pain

Did you have a post op visit with your doctor already? I think it is worth a call to the doctor to review how you are feeling. I am four weeks post op, and although I am still tender and sore and don't feel myself I definitely don't feel that degree of pain. Of course, everyone heals at a different rate, so we may just be at a different stage. But call, and talk it over. Maybe you could have someone come and help you with the kids? That's a lot to do by yourself!
Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register