The County Fair and the Monthly Monster... | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The County Fair and the Monthly Monster... The County Fair and the Monthly Monster...

Unread 07-15-2002, 06:49 PM
The County Fair and the Monthly Monster...

What a fun day it was yesterday! Every month I get a "warning day" the day before I start where I hurt so bad that there's no mistaking what will happen the next day. Obviously from the tone of this you can tell I didn't get that this month! Yesterday we decided to take DS and DD (10 and 17, respectively) to the county fair for some fun. I had fun riding the rides with them and then about 2 hours into it, I started hurting... and hurting... and hurting! And then I could feel it "dripping" and I knew! How UNfair! LOL

So I laid in the grass while they rode until dark and then DH and I got one ride on the ferris wheel after dark and it was time to come home. Barely got to the car! Laid on the couch for an hour or so and then went to bed. No better this morning and as much as I wanted to stay home from work I just knew there was too much to do (since this IS my last full week! Yipee!!!). So, I muddled though and all day through the pain I was able to smile. Why? Because I knew that this is THE LAST PERIOD I WILL EVER HAVE IN MY LIFE!!! Oh, I can't say YIPEE loud enough!!! That made it tolerable! So, now I'm back to the couch to be pamped again. We decided to treat this as a post-op day so we could practice and I'm loving it. DH has cleaned the whole kitchen tonight! hehehe

Hugs and prayers to all...

Gillian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-15-2002, 06:58 PM

Oh happy day Gillian! I know the feeling. You will be so happy. I was due to start the DAY of my surgery and was so nervous.....so of course with recovery I didn't really get to enjoy it. Then DH had surgery 3 weeks later and I was so busy with him that I didn't enjoy missing in June....This month I am so HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY It sounds like you have a great DH and support system. Hope your surgery goes well and enjoy!

God bless!!
Unread 07-15-2002, 07:00 PM

I know all about warning days. Except I start at what should be ovulation with minor twinging in the lower abdominal, and pressure and pain get worse each day until my cycle starts. I am six days prior to the due date of my last period forever. I just want it to get here and get over with. I can't remember what a pain free month is like. I can't wait.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2002, 06:36 PM
Monthly Monster

Hi, really enjoyed your name for the "beast". I too am enjoying the thought that this will be the last one for me! hopefully anyway(Lately I have been getting "surprises") Surgery scheduled for July 31. Started my period on Sunday (the first day back at work) Unfortunetly, I am on my feet all day at work, so it was horrible!! Seems like they just hurt worse & longer if you are on your feet alot! But anyway, I am enjoying the thought that this is the last one!!! Hurray!!
WebDeb
Unread 07-16-2002, 06:52 PM

Hey there! I know what you mean....I just packaged up all my tampons to "retire" them to my sister, as today was my last day of my LAST period! It is such a great feeling to know that we will not suffer anymore. Best wishes to you as you have your surgery and recuperation.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register