I had my pre-op hysterectomy appointment on Fri | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I had my pre-op hysterectomy appointment on Fri I had my pre-op hysterectomy appointment on Fri

Unread 02-22-2015, 10:03 PM
I had my pre-op hysterectomy appointment on Fri

Hello Sisters, I had my pre-op on Fri and was told that I will be in the hospital 1-2 days. I know someone who left the same day as the surgery but I think it was due to her wanting to smoke. I tried to tell her this was the beginning of her quitting smoking but that didn't work. She went home! I want to stay there as long as I can because I know it will be different. I hate asking anyone for help doing something but now I am going to have to. Going to need help I know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2015, 12:11 AM
Re: I had my pre-op on Fri

I was walking the next morning. You'll be tired and Blah for a bit, so help at first is so nice. Just try to focus on letting your body heal. All the other stuff can wait. Netflix good books, and you'll sleep a bit. I was able to move around slowly but you'll be sore. One of those grabber tools comes in really handy.
Unread 02-24-2015, 05:35 AM
Re: I had my pre-op hysterectomy appointment on Fri

I hd abdominal surgery was told I would be in the hospital 3-4 days. My GP said it might even be five because the 3rd and 4th days were on a weekend!

I was grousing about this to my co-workers and one of them said somethingt that really struck home with me. She lives on her own, as I do. She said, "You stay in that hospital where there's other people to take care of you as long as you can! Once you get out, you're on your own!"

I actually didn't take her advice completely. I was given an option to stay a 4th day and chose not to because I was feeling well enough to get bored. But for the three days I was in, I appreciated being taken care of.

Also starting the second day, when I was more "with it," I paid attention to what the nurses were doing to take care of me. This paid off when I got home because stuff would happen and I'd think, okay, what did the nurses do when this happened in the hospital? And then I'd follow their example! :-)

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register