How does the Dr. Clear you at your 6 wk check up? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How does the Dr. Clear you at your 6 wk check up? How does the Dr. Clear you at your 6 wk check up?

Unread 05-10-2005, 02:43 PM
How does the Dr. Clear you at your 6 wk check up?

Just curious. When going in for your 6wk check up how does your Dr. clear you to have sex? Does he do an exam or what exactly happens?

Thanks to all who replies
salty94
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2005, 03:02 PM

Hi salty,

My doctor did an internal and then cleared me. I had internals done at each post-op appointment, but not everyone does.

Best wishes!

s

Deb
Unread 05-10-2005, 03:02 PM

Yes, you're right. An internal exam is done. Doctor will look at the cuff for proper healing. Sometimes, stitches are still there, or sticking out, or maybe granulation is appearing. He also does an exam of the incission on the tummy. My doctor pressed all over feeling for hernias, hematomas anything unusual. There is a talk about hormone and any other left over questions regarding the surgery, recovery and future expectations.

Get your surgery and path reports at this time. Also set up your anual exam for a cancer smear, breast exam etc.

It feels good to walk out the door.
Maralyn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2005, 03:30 PM

My doctor also did an internal exam and did one at my 3 week appointment also. Asked me if I had any pains or concerns. He then checked my incision and gave me a few suggestions on creams to use to fade the scar. I have to go back on June 10th, he wants to do another followup to see how I am doing since he had to remove two 5lb tumors. One was in my uterus and the other he found once he got in there, it was hiding behind my liver. Have a good gyn who really cares for his patients.
Unread 05-10-2005, 03:50 PM

I had my first post-op exam today, which is 4 weeks for me. I had an internal exam and we talked at great length about how I was feeling, HRT, etc. My healing is "going beautifully" according to the DR, and I don't need any more post-op visits. He just told me to continue taking it easy, and that hubby and I can resume sex whenever I feel comfortable. I was really worried about this exam being painful, but was pleasantly surprised. It was uncomfortable, but not nearly as painful as my internal exams pre-op.

MB
Unread 05-10-2005, 08:04 PM

I think it depends on the type of surgery you've had. You didn't indicate that in your profile so it may be different than mine. I had a SAH and did not have an internal exam. She asked questions, felt my stomach and that was it. Recommended I continue to take care of myself the way I was doing, return to work parttime as I needed. It's nice to be able to leave work early if I'm tired or achy or come in late if I need to that too.
Unread 05-11-2005, 04:34 AM

I didn't have any kind of examination at all in fact I didn't even have my check until 9 1/2 weeks. Bit strange I thought but every doc is different or he just din't fancy taking a look at my bits, lol.

Carol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register