Help Me Put Together My Shopping List | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help Me Put Together My Shopping List Help Me Put Together My Shopping List

Unread 02-16-2006, 10:59 AM
Help Me Put Together My Shopping List

Hi Sisters!

I need your help. I'm going out this weekend to shop for goodies to take to the castle on Tuesday and I need help getting together my shopping list.

To my sisters who are on the other side, can you suggest things I should have in the hospital (or maybe things you wish you had with you)? Also, what should I have when I get home?

To my sisters who are making the trip soon, what are you taking with you?

Thank you!!!

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2006, 11:15 AM

I brought with me and used was lotion, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrush, brush, slippers (kind you can just slide foot in), robe, lip balm, cell phone(I asked before I used), panties (going home) and socks. I wore home what I arrived at the castle.

What I took and didn't use nightshirts (had I.V.--would have been hard to put on), baby wipes, pads (castle supplied what I needed), word search puzzle and pen. Hope this helps.

Donna
Unread 02-16-2006, 11:30 AM

okay, i go to the castle the day after you and here are some things i plan on bringing with me, some you might have already thought of, but here it goes... i read on one of the posts that chewing gum helps with recovery (sounds strange), but i trust you girls so gum is coming with me! a discman with relaxing music although i don't know what music would be relaxing... if you or anyone has suggestions would be great, my glasses dr. told me no contacts not even on the way there, my own nightgown so i'm not stuck in a hospital gown the whole time, magazines or a book, robe, slippers, bath stuff, and a pillow (a small one) for on the way home for inbetween you and seatbelt, okay well that's what i got so far so if you've got any ideas for me i'd appreciate it, i'm counting down the day's and i haven't packed anything yet either!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2006, 11:35 AM

I took slipper socks, chapstick,lotion, cellphone,toiletries and robe. The one thing I did not take was my own pillow which my dh had to get from home. This made me sleep soooo much better those hospital pillows are to darn hard, so you might want to take yours as well. I did not take books or word searches since I was so groggy they would have been useless. If you are a caffeine addict like me you might want to make sure you get some pretty quick. Honestly the worst pain I had was a headache and I think it was from not having caffeine. The pain from surgery is not so bad, this has not been anything like I expected it to be. Good luck
Unread 02-16-2006, 11:44 AM

I did use my night shirts---I had two and would have liked three and I was only in from friday to sunday
Unread 02-16-2006, 11:45 AM

it sounds like you are on the right track, with all you are taking. today is my one year anniversary from my surgery. I remember being very glad I took a pillow to put between me and the seatbelt, but wished I had one to sit on also.Every little bump, dip and line in the road, you will feel. I also asked for a pain pill before I left. it helps. The castle is a very caring place, and usually have skin lotion. However, take some nice scented lotion to pamper yourself. I took some scented soap, but I had to use DIAL om my incision.. lip balm is very important.I wore socks instead of sippers, lazy I guess...maybe bring your own sanitary pads. The ones they have are from 1940.. no stick. You need a belt with them.I think that is it.. if you are having laproscopic,, I was a bit sore from the gas they use, so I had some peppermint tea to help with the discomfort. remember to walk, walk walk.. as soon as possible.you will feel much better when you do.. good luck,, I will be thinking of you
Nancy
Unread 02-16-2006, 11:50 AM

I've actually seen some posts about bringing the music. I don't know whether to admit this or not, but for me relaxing is Barry Manilow! I love him! I'm going to see him in June in Vegas. Anyway, to me that is relaxing so maybe I should bring Barry with me to the hospital.

Karen
Unread 02-16-2006, 11:53 AM

I'm going in on the 22nd, and so far my list consists of:
iPod, glasses, short sleeved night shirt, robe, slippers, granny panties, a few pads, a hair band, face cleanser wipes, body lotion, hand lotion Gas-X and lip balm. I think I'm also going to bring a pillow from home.
Unread 02-16-2006, 11:53 AM

Oh yeah I forgot I did take two night shirts and it was nice to change into something comfy that was mine and covered the back side(very important). They can work the IV thru the gown very easily if it is short sleaved so don't let that worry you it will make you feel better to put that on after your first shower instead of a hospital gown. Big Hugs and good luck
Unread 02-16-2006, 11:55 AM

Ok excuse me but Barry Manilow is THE MAN do not be ashamed be proud.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register