Winded Upon Mild Exertion...Anyone Else? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Winded Upon Mild Exertion...Anyone Else? Winded Upon Mild Exertion...Anyone Else?

Unread 03-26-2010, 12:11 PM
Winded Upon Mild Exertion...Anyone Else?

About 3 wks. after TAH (now 6 wks. post op), I noticed that I became easily winded upon getting up to do simple things like check on laundry, get a drink of water, walk to the door, etc.. I also noticed that my Blood Pressure was normal but my pulse would go up to 103. I don't really feel bad other than the pulse rate # is bothering me. I also have hypothyroidism that I have been taking med. daily for years and naturally thought...maybe I am now getting too much med., but my TSH blood level was ok. Dr. thought maybe an electrolyte balance but before I rush off to the Dr., I wondered if someone else has been experiencing this type of issue. I'm told it is fairly common after this type of surgery to have a higher pulse rate upon exertion so I am not in a panic just yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2010, 02:28 PM
Re: Winded Upon Mild Exertion...Anyone Else?

I had mine about 2 weeks ago and felt pretty good at first. Today I stayed on the couch. I guess they tell you to relax for a reason. Hope I feel stronger since I'm supposed to go back to work next week!
Unread 03-26-2010, 02:51 PM

Oh,yes! I am 2 weeks post-op and was previously physically fit. I can't believe how winded and tired I get -- I am definitely taking advantage of rest time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2010, 02:56 PM

I wish i could say its different for me.... im 8 weeks, and still get winded..... I don't know if it has anything to do with it or not, but IM now on blood pressure medicine, and had to have a stress test on Tuesday and my heart rate RACED from 140 mid test to 200+ in literally a second.... It came right back down again, but stilll....whew..... they labled it as having a SVT? and Now i have to see a cardiologist!
yikes,
Good luck,
kimmie
kimmie
Unread 03-26-2010, 03:14 PM

I"m only a little over 3 weeks post op and I get tired very easily .
And I haven't been doing that much.

Let us know how you are doing, if you find out anything new.

Gentle hugs
Unread 03-26-2010, 03:18 PM

Im 6 wks post op- and also feel winded. Im also experiencing pain on right side of back. Around kidney area- But after ultra sound-Kidneys are not showing kidney stones. Anyone else having this? Im wondering if the 5 1/2 hr surgery- and stirrup position could have aggrevated a pre- existing back problem- Anyone else experience this?
Unread 03-26-2010, 03:25 PM

I'm not feeling especially winded, but maybe I'm not exerting myself as much! I've been slowly increasing my walking time since week one, so maybe that's helped? I hope you feel better soon...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register