Happy one day - sad the next. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Happy one day - sad the next. Happy one day - sad the next.

Unread 09-03-2012, 02:38 AM
Happy one day - sad the next.

My hystery in brief - single fibroid found nearly 2 years ago, no systoms. Mid 2011 things become uncomfortable, then pain sets in causing lower back problems, painful intercourse & intimacy problems etc. June 2012 I get approved for a hysterectomy - relief that the pain will end. July 2012 pain increases when asleep, pressure on rectum & sciatic nerve, sharp pains down legs, not sleeping. Still no date. August 2012 have my pre-admission appointment. Still no date & still not sleeping through. Bye bye uterus party planned, which brings us to yesterday.

Yesterday I spent the day with my girlfriends having my farewell uterus gathering. The 8 of us had the most amazing day together a 2.5 hour sailing on a 1920's yacht across our lake, taking in the beautiful scenery, drinking bubbles & grazing on brunch nibbles. Following our wonderful cruise we lunched at a divine restaurant for four hours, reminiscing and giggling - an all round magical day. I was surrounded by so much love yesterday, I truly felt like a princess!

Today I literally had the wind knocked out of my sails when I finally got a call from the hospital after leaving numerous messages, telling me my surgery [quote] "won't be this month, might be sometime in October, but couldn't confirm so wait until you receive your letter of notification". It was at this point my heart dropped and I completely broke down.

I’m just feeling so deflated and frustrated. Tonight I’ve hit a low and I needed to vent. Tomorrow I will take a deep breath and think of my wonderful sailing Sunday.

Thank you for listening!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Re: Happy one day - sad the next.

That is disappointing. I assume you have ib profen or things you use to rest and control pain. I was a mess before I got my date, my period has caused severe pain I was not expecting, my symptoms just snowballed so quickly it was scary, and my symptoms are still. . . Snowballing. I can't go out. . . Resting all the time. . Only go to backyard and to the Office. Feet up most of the day, and that's with no period insight. Its everyday pain and exhaustion. My Dr. said rest as much as I possibly can to manage until date. Very life altering !
Taking care of me has put alot of things on hold, that's the reality. Get creative with hubby for intimacy. Hold hands, back massauge, shower together. You have more time to prepare now. But new pillows. . Good luck.
Unread 09-03-2012, 04:17 PM

I am so sorry your surgery had been delayed until October. That is very frustrating to have to wait again. You do have more time to prepare now, but the delay still makes you want to or or !!! I have read of other similar posts from other sisters. I know they were upset as well.

I am glad you had a nice with your friends, and a nice dinner afterwards. . It will be a nice day to focus on while you wait your surgery....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2012, 05:48 PM

Good Morning ladies

Thank you for your words of encouragement and advice. I have made an appointment with my Dr for more pain relief and to see if he can push my paper work.

Today is a new day and I have put the bad news of the delay behind me. I'm gonna go through my photos from our sailing trip and lunch to give me a happiness boost.

Onwards and upwards

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register