22mm endometrium 😞 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

22mm endometrium 😞 22mm endometrium 😞

Unread 04-12-2013, 10:23 AM
22mm endometrium 😞

Hello everyone....

Wasn't sure wether to do a post.. But I been struggling for few wks so thought I see if anyone else was in same or similar situation....

I'm 48 no signs of menopause (as of yet) last June/July I bled every single day non stop (very heavy & clots)... On few days it eased up sigh of relief thinking it passed to few hrs later the heavy bleeding continued...
My gp put me on norethisterone x3 a day & told me to take these for 10days so I could get some rest from bleed... In mean time she arranged a transvaginal which I attended 3wks later & my endometrial was 18mm... After this she made an app for me to see gynaecologist... At this app which was now sept my endo lining was 9.9mm.. As nothing else was found an app for dec was made I was told it could be menopausal even tho I was yet to have any systoms & was told too see how the bleeding goes for next 3months.... I bled on off up until end nov 2012... My gp advised to take tabs if became too heavy which it did... I did not bleed whole dec or jan 2013 but 2nd feb it came back full force to point my gp advises I stay on tabs till my next gyno app which was 7th march 2013, at this app I had another scan my endometrium is 22mm on my notes it now says hypoplasia? Which was not told to me... & my gyno said in light of this I am now due (next wk) for hysteroscopy & biopsy....
All I seem to be doing is reading up & I no this is not good.... I'm now very nervous of next week slowing approaching...

Just wondered if anyone else had similar to me....

Hope to get some replies...

Much much appreciated to you all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2013, 06:59 AM
Re: 22mm endometrium 😞

Hi Cremesoda 64, welcome to the forum, I'm sorry you are going through all this. I can relate to you but my case is a little different, I'm pretty new here too and posted on the cancer concerns board since I was dx w/ bc last year and early this year had 2 "periods" of heavy clots. My U/S showed a 8mm polyp and my endometrium lining was only 3mm (normal) had a blind uterine biopsy on the spot at U/S it came back (-). I had an operative hysteroscopy/polypectomy/D&C 4 days ago and am recovering well and waiting on pathology. Are you getting a D&C w/ your hysteroscopy this week, when is your surgery? Warm thoughts to you, Jill
Unread 04-16-2013, 09:16 AM

Hello Jill,

Thank you so much in taking time to reply to my post..

I see you wrote Dx w/bc I seen few of these but I'm so sorry but I don't understand what these letters mean ?? (I do Apologise)

I'm glad your recovering well & I hope your pathologist reports come back with good news,

They did not say I was having a D&C, they said they want to do biopsys also hysteroscopy & asses the cavity aswell as removal of polyps & small cyst on overy also do a smear & if all ok will insert the mirena..

I'm going into hospital tomorrow (17th) for day surgery as Im having general anaesthetic..

Did they give you a time scale on the reports to be returned...

Thanks again Jill for replying..

Warmest wishes to to aswell 🌼👍💉
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2013, 05:42 PM

Hi Cremesoda64, I wish you an easy surgery tomorrow, as far as surgeries go it is pretty minimally invasive, but yes general anesthsia is still required!
Dx bc means diagnosed with breast cancer. I had a bi-lateral mastectomy and immediate nipple sparing reconstruction on 7/3/12. My hysteroscopy/polypectomy/D&C was my 4th surgery in the last 10 months and I still have one more surgery for reconstruction to go. Pathology won't be ready until late this week, or my gyno will give it to me on my April 24th post op appt. Let us know how you do after tomorrow. Jilly
Unread 04-20-2013, 10:51 AM

Hi Jill.. Sorry in delay to replying....

All went well on wed, I was suppose to have the hysteroscopy, smear, biopsys & insertion of mirena... After I woke in recovery I was in quite lot pain...

Didn't speak to surgeon after but was told to call on 1st may (2wks time) for pathology results... But as I was leaving I did mention why my info sheet said D&C & I wasnt told I was having a DC done... She said there wasn't 1 polyp as seen on transvaginal scan there was clusters... So just have to sit Waite now till I can call for results...

I been resting for pass few days but was surprised I'm bleeding a little heavier with now having mirena & also I'm still getting pain.....

I hope your results come back ASAP Jill you been threw a lot & I wish you the next surgery for reconstruction goes well...

The waiting begins yet again...

Warmest wishes ��
Unread 04-20-2013, 06:01 PM

Thanks for letting us know how your surgery went. I am not surprised the contents of your uterus were different than what U/S saw. But I'm sorry a cluster of polyps were found and that you are bleeding and not feeling well. It's been 7 days since my surgery, I bled for a few days, then 2 days of brown discharge, then clear discharge daily since. No calls from my doctors office so looks like she'll give me my path results at the post op appt Apr. 24. The waiting continues for the both of us. When is your post op appointment?
Unread 04-23-2013, 07:41 AM

Waiting on biopsy results is very stressful. I hope that you get results soon & that its good news. I had a D&C with hysteroscopy and a Mirena put in. I've had the Mirena for 3 months now and have been happy with it. However, for other reasons I'm having a hysterectomy next week.
((((( Best wishes )))))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register