Frustrating doctor experience | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Frustrating doctor experience Frustrating doctor experience

Unread 05-05-2006, 02:55 PM
Frustrating doctor experience

Hello out there,
OK, so due to my low-grade fever, my gyn did not want to do my endo ablation. So, he wanted me to see (and helped me find) a primary care physician affiliated with his hospital.

I went to him this afternoon. He said every symptom I am having--low-grade fever, fatigue, stomach discomfort, was insignificant. But did order more blood work to rule out infections (which has already been done two times and I know I do not have an infection). I am going to get the test results from this doctor and then never, ever, ever see him again because he was so demeaning and a big jerk about it all--the "I'm just an over-emotional woman" thing, which really miffed me big time.

So on my long drive home, I decided (1) that perhaps all my symptoms are just due to hormonal imbalance (2) I can't take anymore doctor appointments and (3) called my gyn to reschedule the ablation. I am going to take Tylenol every day to keep my temperture down so that they will do the surgery. I feel a little like I am not trusting my body, but my body has been so abnormal lately, I don't know exactly what there is to trust.

I hope I am making a good decision.

Musicmaiden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2006, 06:50 PM

Awww, (((MusicMaiden)))
I'm so sorry about how you were treated. Nobody should ever be made to feel that way about their health concerns. Please don't let this experience make you hold back info from your doctors in the future. Tell your GYN how that visit went and your desire to proceed with the ablation. I hope the fevers subside soon and that things go smoothly from here on out.
Hang in there, dear.

Gentle s,
Beth
Unread 05-06-2006, 12:32 PM

OH ..I hear you !!! I hate it when docs have said th e"over -emotional woman"...I have heard that twice the past couple of years adn left both docs. I switched to women. also....I was told to stop tylenol two weeks before ablation due to bleeding. Jsut wondering if that would be the sane for you . Of course I dont know. I wish you wellness!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register