anxious post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

anxious post op anxious post op

Unread 03-25-2010, 05:34 AM
anxious post op

HI

anybody else out there post op, nearly 3 weeks but not feeling that great, thought i would be healing better. bladder still all over the place (SAH for large fibroids on bladder) kept ovaries
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2010, 07:00 AM
Re: anxious post op

Hi Wendy ~~

I'm 5 weeks today from my TLH. This is a long journey we are on. It takes time for our bodies to heal completely. The farther I get from surgery day, the more impatient I feel. I want to be completely well NOW!! So I have to tell myself to be patient, this recovery takes baby steps, and sometimes the baby steps go backwards instead of forwards. I'll get to a day where I'm feeling pretty darn close to normal, then I slide backwards for acouple of days. I think it's my body's way of telling me to take it slow and easy so I can heal completely. And so I listen to the message.

Try not to feel discouraged. Enjoy the quiet and restful weeks. We probably will never be this pampered again! Take care!
Unread 03-25-2010, 07:50 AM

I am 3 weeks and 3 days. Today has started out to be a bad day for me but it's my own fault....I did WAY too much yesterday. I don't think that the surgery is that bad part, for me it's the part where I have to rely on my hubby to do things around the house. They don't get done anymore. He was awesome the first week and a half but now is too busy to help with anything so I do it even though I know I shouldn't. I just pray that I don't have problems later...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2010, 10:17 AM

I have ups and downs too my surgery was March 2nd. I don't have a lot of energy yet, some days more than others and still hurting some but again each day is different.

I am doing a few light dishes and folding laundry but other than that no housework for me and it's so hard to look at things not getting done.

It's hard to rest , but we need to make sure we heal right. Please listen to your body. I'm glad I had the surgery but when they said 6wks recovery at minimum it was hard to picture that time frame . But now we are 3 weeks so halfway there.

Did you talk to your doctor about your bladder when you had your post op?

sending gentle hugs your way
Unread 03-25-2010, 11:12 AM

hi Yes I talked to nurses docs etc, They said surgery really knocks the bladder about in lots of women, especially if they have had fibroid pressure pre op. Just impatient!!!!
Unread 03-25-2010, 11:14 AM

Hey Wendy, I'm 3weeks too and was doing so much better last week then this week. I have been in bed exhausted and really havn't done all that much? I have been bleeding quite a bit too and I understand it is somewhat normal but when is it not? I figure I'll call the Doc on Monday if it hasn't gotten any better. My family has slowed down on the help and seeing as how I'm a neat freak I feel unrelaxed just looking around at the messes. I told my DH that the bedroom needed a vaccum he agreed and still hasn't vaccumed and that was 3 days ago. Someone mentioned patience, well I was at the end of the line when God handed that out so I guess I'm trying to learn that and how to relax. If it wasn't for this site I'd be lost.
Unread 03-25-2010, 11:20 AM

hi starrynite

You have so put into words my feelings exactly. Seems like forever getting back to normal, and like you say, I seem very to feel like i am improving and then go backwards again! and of course being anxious or stressed does not help, Thinking I may be delaying my healing because of this negativity. This site is great!!! Lots of hugs and healing to you
Unread 03-25-2010, 11:22 AM

hi vikster

Same here I had much better days during my second week!!! As starrynite says its one step forward and three steps back!!!
Unread 03-25-2010, 11:44 AM

One step forward and three steps back...ugh! I hope it gets better all I can think of is heading back to work in 3 weeks and not being ready. I should go do some dishes real quick but figure I'm better off here the dishes will be there tomorrow anyway. My new moto "put off today what can be done tomorrow"! lol
Unread 03-25-2010, 12:39 PM

Me too gals-- 3 wks today and I'm tired. Dveloped a UTI, took first antibiotic and it's knocking me out. Time for a long leisurely nap! I agree that if possible we should all give ourselves 6 wks of taking it super easy. All the chores can wait--they've always been there and always will be! Happy resting to all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register