5 Week post-op and complications | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 Week post-op and complications 5 Week post-op and complications

Unread 03-25-2010, 11:05 AM
5 Week post-op and complications

Hi everyone. So glad I found this website as I really need some support! I had a full hysterectomy - lap w/davinci 5 weeks ago today. I have endometriosis which my surgeon knew about, however he did not realize how bad it was until he opened me up. It took four hours to "peel" the endo from my bowels and colon.
After that much manipulation, I guess my body was not happy. I had quite a bit of bleeding and nausea and ended up having to stay in the hospital an extra day.
After getting home the gas pains seemed unbearable, but I did not think too much about it as I had been told the gas pains would be bad. After being home six days, I had to wake my husband up and have him take me to the ER. The pain was worse than labor. I ended up with a bowel obstruction and also fluid over my vaginal cuff that was not draining. They put in an NG tube to drain my stomach and eventually after 8 days in the hospital the obstruction healed itself. The fluid, however did not. I am now 5 weeks out and still have drainage. Went back to the surgeon two days ago and now he says I have a small vaginal cuff tear and wants to wait to see if it heals itself. The pain is worse this week than last week and I am very tired and down as I am not used to doing "nothing"! I am glad I found this website for support and answers. If my surgeon is not willing to do something about this tear by my next appt on the 2nd, I may look for a second opinion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2010, 11:16 AM
Re: 5 Week post-op and complications

Oh my you've had a terrible time. I'm sorry you're having to go through this and hope your problems better and pain relieved soon.
Unread 03-25-2010, 11:20 AM
Re: 5 Week post-op and complications

I'm sorry to hear your having such a difficult time. If the surgeon continues the wait and see approach on your next appointment I would look for another opinion too. Try to rest and take it easy the last thing you need is to end up back at the hospital.Sometimes mindless TV is the best medicine. Take care of you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register