hurts to pee | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-06-2006, 08:30 PM
hurts to pee

for the past few days it has hurt to pee. 7 days post op and just wondering if this is normal? thanks everyone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2006, 09:30 PM
hurts to pee

I had a feeling like I had a bladder infection. It turned out to be my bladder was spasming.

I have seen others post that they had pain from their catheter, and some posts that they had a UTI.

Perhaps a call to your Dr would be a good thing. Let him/her decide if he needs to see you.

S,
Kay
Unread 03-07-2006, 05:53 AM
hurts to pee

Hi Gunnersgal !
I am 2 weeks post op and still have a sensation when I pee. Sometimes it has been a little hard to get it started. Checked with DR and he said I was having bladder spasms, but to be on look out to make sure it wasn't masking an early infection. Check with Dr if fever or it continues. Cranberry juice with a splash is wonderful (and helpful to the bowels a bit too). Remember, lots of water.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2006, 06:39 AM
hurts to pee

I was still having cramping pains like cystitis at my six week check up but by week eight it had disapeared completely. I think it was probably bladder spasms which are quite common after hysterectomy.
Unread 03-07-2006, 07:03 AM
hurts to pee

gunnersgal,

I had a weird postop experience BUT did have increased pain at 10 days and it was a UTI. I still have some spasms as well and discomfort starting to urinate and at the very end. I think you should give your doctor a call.... better to find out that it is nothing but spasms than to have an infection get worse. feel better.....
Unread 03-07-2006, 07:33 AM
hurts to pee

Oh wow, and i thought i was loosing my mind...i'm in week 4 of post op and i still have "urinary spasms"...it just feels weird....i have to relax b4 i start to pee..and it burns (maybe too strong of a word) when i'm about done. I'm going to bring it up to the doctor tomorrow...i have a 4 week post op visit tomorrow. i remember that the nurse after she took out the cath...that she said it'll hurt or feel strange for a while...thank you for topic of this thread...

annruthie
Unread 03-07-2006, 08:07 AM
hurts to pee

Although this might be normal bladder spasms from your op, if I were you i'd see your dr to make sure. I had the same thing one week post op which turned out to be a water infection.

Are you drinking plenty of water because this is really important.

Geraldine
Unread 03-07-2006, 07:22 PM
hurts to pee

a water infection? hmm, never heard of that...i don't know...that's why i decided to bring it up to the doctors attention tomorrow. thank you for that info geraldine.....i appreciate it.

annruthie
Unread 03-07-2006, 07:47 PM
hurts to pee

Mine gets better every day - hang in there. The first few days home I had to grunt and strain just to get a few drops out and it hurt like hell.
Unread 03-08-2006, 06:32 AM
hurts to pee

AnnRuthie, Sorry, I mean a urine infection. In the UK we also call this a "water" infection but it's the same thing.

Hope things settle down for everyone.

Geraldine

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register