Pre-Op Blues | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-30-2002, 08:57 AM
Pre-Op Blues

My TAH/BSO is scheduled for June 4th. I dread it of course, but am not really afraid. (I have a GREAT doctor.) Today, however, just out of nowhere I am so blue that all I have done is cry.

I'm feeling very sorry for myself that both my mother and mother-in-law are deceased, I have no sisters and no daughters. My 2 sons are grown and live away. My husband has the empathy of a snail and plans to go back to work the day after my surgery. Is this normal to be depressed before my surgery? I just feel like I don't have a close "woman" friend to confide in and to be there with me through those first days after surgery.

I'll be OK though. I really have enjoyed reading the postings and this is a great place. It has helped me just to read what other women are experiencing.

God bless all of you.

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2002, 09:12 AM
I can relate!

Karen,
I too was in a situation similar to yours.
I know that I had to have this surgery in order to have a better quality of life.
Hubby went back to work the day after my hyst and my 2 sons (19 and 9) have been little help (getting me drinks and such).
I asked my Mom about hers and got the "you'll be fine and doing everything a week after" NOT!
My support system has been nil aside from hubby who helped for a week or so (very limited help...he works long hours )...so I was pretty much on my own.
My Foster Daughter lives out of state so we have rarely talked and she has no comperhension of what I have experienced.
Honey, what you are going through is completely normal! Do not second guess you feelings!
One thing I have learned through this is that you have to think of you and not others for the time being!!
I would be more than happy to help you out and be a e-mail buddy.
This whole thing is frighteneing and a support system is vital!!
Drop me a line and let's gab
s and s
Janet
Unread 05-30-2002, 09:13 AM
Pre-Op Blues

Karen,

I'm new here too. Scheduled for TAH the 1st week of July. Hang in there. Get back to these boards after your surgery. Lots of people here that care about you!!! Good luck! You'll be just fine.

Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2002, 09:16 AM
Pre-Op Blues

Karen,

My TAH/BSO is also scheduled for June 4th. I had my pre-op yesterday and the Doc told me my severe endo is even worse now and that he thinks I also have adenomyosis.... AND, he's decided not to give me any hormones as I guess they could bring back the endo in one way or another. But I'm hanging in there. I know I will be so relieved when it is over. I have my aunt flo now, and the pain is almost unbearable. So that in itself makes me perky knowing it is the LAST one I will ever have!

My DH is going back to work the next day also and my DD, who is home from college for the summer, is not exactly the Florence Nightingale type... but that's ok. I'm training a temp at work this week so my days are going by fast. I took Monday off to get all my stuff done. I have to drink 4 quarts of the "bowel prep" crap that I'm not looking forward to doing.

I've learned so much from this site that I am more comfortable with knowing what will happen. I'm slowly packing my bag and I'm going out Saturday to get my "goodie bag" for the nurses and I'm trying to keep busy until Tuesday morning. I have my surgery at 7:30 a.m. I'm glad I'm the first one that day.

So just try to keep busy between now and then. Then we can both write about our castle stays and be glad we are home!

Good luck and think positive! I"ll be thinking about you during my castle stay! rincess:

Nancy
Unread 05-30-2002, 10:17 AM
Hi

s to you!!!
I am feeling the same way! My surgery is June 5th and I know my dh is getting tired of hearing about it! He seems to block me out!
I however think about it 24/7!!!
I had my pre-op yesterday at the castle and broke into tears 3 diff times in front of 3 diff strangers.
It is soooo normal. I am scared too and extremely depressed about losing that part of myself. I just keep telling myself I have two great ds's (5 and 3yrs) and I am VERY luck to have them!!!
Again, s to you!

You will be in my thoughts on Tuesd while I agonize over Wed.!
Just think - from everyhthing I have read - we will feel SOOO much better after this experience.

BREATHE!!!

Kelley

Unread 05-30-2002, 10:53 AM
another sister!

Welcome to the June 4th club! The weepies are a frequent visitor at my house right now.

For me the crying comes from the conctant pain and the frustration of not being able to be the me I want to be right now.

Lets hope your guardian angel sticks your DH with a reality pin!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register