More questions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

More questions More questions

Unread 08-28-2006, 01:15 AM
More questions

Hey everyone,
i have more questions and have enjoyed reading everyone's posts. First of all i am a lil over 4 weeks post op, I had a partial hysterectomy uterus is gone overies are still here, not quit sure about my cervix a blatter suspension and reconstruction, I am feeling ok... my appitite really *****, i still have some pain and am taking my pain meds when in really bad pain. My biggest question is that i think my doctor told me my stitches are suppose to dissolve but i don't remember and they haven't been falling out, well i had my husband just check outta curiosity to see if they were still there and he looked in doing so he said that there are still ALOT of stitches and it looked like a clustered mess in there as far as the stitches went. Did anyone else have the same surgery and can they remember if they were disolvable stitches or one's the Doc has to take out? Also My husband and I had a very high sex drive before my surgery when i wasn't in pain and we get hot and heavy sometimes now but have not had intercourse, he has been really patient about waiting and we will find out on the 5th if it is a go or no .... Has anyone been released to do the duty while still having stitches intact? Thank you to all that respond , I read the post's almost daily and when i can't get to them on a daily basis i catch up on what has been posted since the last time i was reading..... You are all wonderful, strong woman and i look up to everyone of you for advice and insite on what you have gone through. THANK YOU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2006, 09:44 AM
More questions

Mine were dissolvable.

Don't quote me but I'm pretty sure the docs would use dissolvable stitches for an area like that ( seriously who wants to go get stitches pulled from THERE?).

As for intercourse and stitches I think most docs would want you to wait until your stitches are gone. That way they know wverything is sealed up and you don't run the risk of infection ( who wants to complicate healing with infections....ugh!).

The best thing to do is call and ask your doc. S/he would be the one to give you the low down about your stitches and intercourse.

I hope that helped some.

-LBS
Unread 08-28-2006, 09:53 AM
More questions

I assume my stitches dissolved. I never saw any come out, but my doctor checked on everything before turning me loose and restriction free. And I haven't had any problems with my vaginal cuff or anything.

Now I'm curious. Hmm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2006, 09:59 AM
More questions

*nods with Rose Garden*

Yeah, I was expecting to see these mysterious dissolving threads ( as I was warned about them) and I never saw a thing.

The doc was the one to give me clearance for being "human" again after a look-see examination.

-LBS
Unread 08-28-2006, 10:10 AM
More questions

that kinds cracks me up?your husband looking up there cause i took my mirror down there trying to see if it looked diffrent,really couldnt see anything that was,but i did tell my husband that i was curious to know what it looked like up there.lol im stumped to figure out how he could see yea some times my friends say im crazy,take care all
hmrey
Unread 08-30-2006, 01:49 PM
Lol

It is kinda weird having him look in there but after 5 pregnancies and 4 kids i believe he is just as quilified as an OBGYN, he knew what he was looking for and even loosing a lil over 20 pounds i am still overweight and there was no way for me to look in a mirror. My stitches are in and down i don't know where yours could be located but he couldn't see where the stitches for the blatter suspension is, no biggie i just wanted to know if i could be excited about possibly doing the deed soon but i guess not . Thanks for all the posts I love This Site it has helped me very much, other wise i would be on the phone with my GYN every day asking questions. I too love not having that pregnancy look.. was getting tired of people asking when i was due... kinda made me feel sad to tell them i wasn't exspecting.
Unread 08-30-2006, 02:21 PM
More questions

i hope you didnt take it the wrong way but im curious too i wanna see what they did,could only see as far as my mirror would allow.lol,im 39 have 3 children divorced i remarried last nov my husband doesnt have children,thank god we would be living with his parents or something like that,but he thinks of my children as his own hes a very loving man and his family the same,i had my tubes tied when i was with my 1st husband because i didnt want to have another child(with him)but when i met mark god i wish things were diffrent,i would have give him a child in a heart beat,im choked,.. but he loves my children like they were his so when i had to get my tvh, im not that depressed because i cant have children anymore,i knew that from the get-go yes could have had a reversal before but i have 3 wonderful children 19,15,12 they are all i need now and my husband,so im kinda getting off trackof my reply to you,but any ways havent had any depression because of my tvh looking foward to a new life, i enjoy what i have and what we will have that makes me happy.hud to you all.
hugs
hmrey

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register