Anyone diagnosed with IC? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone diagnosed with IC? Anyone diagnosed with IC?

Unread 02-05-2010, 12:02 AM
Re: Anyone diagnosed with IC?

I too was recently diagnosid with IC, the doctor initially thought I had kidney stones due to the location of my pain and the blood in my urine (I couldn't see any)...but my suspicion was female problems. Doctor sent me for an ultrasound and found my ovaries were the size of tennis balls, my fibroids were multiplying like rabbits and I have Ovarian cancer history in my family (Mom is 3 yrs cancer free). My LAVH was Dec 14 and the doctor did a cystoscopy and hydrodistention while I was under, needless to say I was diagnosed with IC when I went in for post op.

I didn't understand though how I could eat all the foods I loved like tomatoes, coffee, spicy foods and suddenly they made me miserable. I was cruising along in my recovery and Wham! major flare up and I had no idea what was going on until I went in for my 6 week post op. I vaguely remember asking him about the blood in my urine the next morning after surgery but it was like 7:30 in the morning and I had not slept most of the night so it kind of went in one ear and out the other until I remembered to jot it down for my post op appt. Although he's being great now in helping me to get better I wish he would have made more of a point to better inform me sooner. I was miserable for two weeks thinking it was normal recovery. Who knew when I finally started to really eat I was doing myself harm.
Previous symptoms make sense.

I'm not glad others are suffering too but it's nice to know I'm not alone.

My doctor has me on Elmiron, Pyridium for bladder spasms and Elavil for night (had trouble sleeping since my second night home from the hospital). I am considering having the treatment done as mentioned in an earlier posting, it's sound much nicer to have something done that would have quicker relief than 4-6 months, the recommended minimum time frame on Elmiron even though there would be discomfort involved.

After all this I'm afraid to become intimite with my husband again, heard it's painful. Anyone with insite on that, the bladder treatment or helpful ways to combat flare ups without shoving more pills down the throat would be most appreciated. I don't know about anyone else out there, but I certainly could use some friendship and support. I don't want to cry anymore over trying to figure out what I can or can't have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register