back from adhs. surg. and cant stay awake | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

back from adhs. surg. and cant stay awake back from adhs. surg. and cant stay awake

Unread 08-27-2006, 04:19 PM
back from adhs. surg. and cant stay awake

its been 6 days since my adhesion surgery (which turned out to be outpatient yay!!!!)but i just am soo tired i have been taking 3 and 4 hour naps every day, yesterday i slept till 11am, back to bed at 3pm, slept till 6pm, then back in bed at midnight, i havent taken any pain meds(probably should be)this is day 3 thinking that was doing it, but i dont see much difference. any ideas sisters why so sleepy. i go to md next wk and will ask him but as usual wanted to ask my sisters first. oh ya also wondering what my limitations should be had lap 3, 1-2inch incisions
thanks in advance back to bed for now!!
det67
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2006, 04:37 PM

Hi det67- So glad to hear from you. Maybe you are so tired because you have been through soooo much. Your body was working overtime alone on trying to heal from the hyst. and now with a new surgery, just that much more that your putting your body to work.We all handle recouperation so differently.You are only getting the rest the your body so deserves and needs.I'd opt to sleep than not after what you have been through. Again, glad it was outpatient and hoping that you will feel better very very soon. How did everything go?Let us know how you are doing.
Diane
Unread 08-27-2006, 05:30 PM

Hi! I had the same complaint three years ago when I had a lap (2 little incisions). Very sleepy! It took 4-5 days to snap out of it and a couple more to get my energy back. I figured it was the anesthesia and pretty sure the anti nausea meds made me sleepy as well. Hope you wake up soon!

Cathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2006, 06:39 PM

I just had a laparoscopy also this last Friday to remove adhesions one year after my hysterectomy, and I can tell you I feel completely wiped out as well! I can't even imagine how you must be feeling having a second surgery only 3 months after your hysterectomy! I am willing to bet the combination of anesthesia, pain meds, and the surgery itself is the culprit. I don't have much pain either and haven't needed much in the way of painkillers amazingly (my first lap and LAVH were another story!), so I feel guilty that I am not doing more around the house, but the fatigue seems worse this time around. I just wonder if maybe the more surgeries you have, the longer it takes to bounce back? Who knows. I am glad to read that I am not the only one feeling this way!

I am not sure about limitations, but I am off work for 11 days and will be on light duty for at least a week when I get back (due to physically demanding job). Also, I was told no driving for the first three or four days, and no baths for one week (ugh!). Other than that can't think of anything else. Hope you get your strength back soon!
Unread 08-28-2006, 10:16 AM

thank you ladies,
well i can stay awake a few more hours at a time, it has been 7 days sterie strips come off today yay!
dm44, the surgery from what i can remember being told, went great there were 3 arms of adhesions attaching my colon to where my cervix used to be, i have 3 little cuts but the one in my bellibutton is sore sore sore,and tons of brusing, but all in all it was a good surgery it took a little over an hour , but recovery was a little over 2 hours i guess i didnt want to wake up. so i go back to dr on thurs.
and will know more then.
thanks for the replys. anyone remember how long it takes to sleep on your sides or belli after a surgery like this one?
many hugs!!!!
det67
Unread 08-28-2006, 04:53 PM

Det67- 3 arms of adhesions??You poor thing, my heart goes out to you.But i am glad that it went well. Hopefully now, you can start to recover without anymore problems. Just rest and relax, but you know that by now.Hang in there sweetie, it can only get better from this point on. Let us know how you make out at your doctors visit. Take care and thinking of you.HUGS

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register