Da Vinci may 15 major gas pains still! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Da Vinci may 15 major gas pains still! Da Vinci may 15 major gas pains still!

Unread 05-18-2012, 06:11 AM
Da Vinci may 15 major gas pains still!

Hi! I had a da vinci hysterectomy on may 15 where everything was removed but I got to keep my ovaries. 2 giant fibroids, 1 giant polyp, adenomyosis, endometriosis and cysts.
I'm having a really hard time passing gas. The gas from the surgery is stuck in my shoulders and sides. The pain is unreal! Taking Vicodin although pain killers make me vomit. Zofran for nausea. Still, nothing is touching the gas. Haven't pooped since before surgery but I don't feel like I need to either.
Anyone have any tricks to help with the gas? I've walked too much, laid on left side, gotten on all fours etc. it doesn't work. The pain is so bad that it hurts when i breathe deeply. Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2012, 06:17 AM
Re: Da Vinci may 15 major gas pains still!

I trieste the using a dry clean bath towel across my belly with a damp microwaves (1 min) hand towel over that then fold the bath towel over the wet towel , the most heat seemed to help a little bit. My sister, a nurse , told me that doing the spirometer, breathing thing that ha you do after surgery and should have sent he with you helps too because it makes you fully expand your lungs which will help push the gas out. Hope it helps
Unread 05-18-2012, 06:24 AM

Thank you! Been doing the breathing thing. Hurts but think it helps a tiny bit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2012, 07:06 AM

Yes, it is terrible... but DO have a BM... take a laxative--- and I took stool softeners for about 2 weeks... It does help... I dreaded the am... but after about 1, maybe 1 1/2 weeks, it does get better.... It was so scary in the beginning... the pain.... the pressure.... I could hardly walk to the bathroom!!!!!
Unread 05-18-2012, 07:09 AM

I'm thankful to be a few weeks out now because the gas is gone. However, I remember it well. I wish I had the magic answer for you, but for me it seems I had to just wait it out. Gas-ex helped some for me.

Walking, so much water that you feel like you're floating, high fiber diet (if you can eat), change positions frequently......probably everything you are doing. I did find that the narcotics made it harder to pass any gas or stool. I'm sending you healing and farts.
Unread 05-18-2012, 07:12 AM

Yes, I agree w/ queen. I did not take the pain pills long, only 2 days, for the nurse said it constipates, and I preferred feeling uncomfy versus that GAS and such.... it worked for me. Eat fiber.. fruit, I forced myself... get some fiberone bars, cereal... and YOGURT, w/ probiotics... trying to recall what I did... I got pretty healthy in the beginning!!!
Unread 05-18-2012, 07:13 AM

I had mine on may 8th. I'm still having issues with gas pain, going #2, and on top of that I got a bladder infection

I have tried everything!!! The things that has helped
more than anything is a heating pad on my tummy and smooth move tea. It doesn't cure it but it seems to help. On a positive note, I am improving each day, so hang in there
Unread 05-18-2012, 07:21 AM

Oh those terrible gas pains! For me, it was the most painful part of recovery. Buy some Gas-X, it works wonders. Walk laps around your living room every hour. You have to get moving to get your digestive system rebooted. Also, no coffee or caffeine. Caffeine, especially coffee, makes the gas worse. The good news is you should only have the gas pains 3to 4 more days
Unread 05-18-2012, 07:58 AM

Thank you all for sharing your stories! Sorta frustrated that the gas will last that long! Keep em coming.
Unread 05-18-2012, 08:19 AM

Gas-x only works for the belly gas. When the gas is under your shoulders you have to move to get it to work itself from under there. Walking around the house and water finally moved it for me. It was very painful and I couldn't breathe either with it so I was quite glad to get rid of it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register