Does this sound bizarre?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Does this sound bizarre?? Does this sound bizarre??

Unread 10-08-2003, 06:53 PM
Does this sound bizarre??

Ok, Hyst guru's....tell me if I'm nuts, lol! Well....we already KNOW I'm a bit "off"!

My hyst is scheduled for 10/29....so we're moving right along here. To remind you....he has scheduled a lap assisted vaginal, but won't know if he can do that until he tries because of a prior surgery. Now.....my body is a walking, talking Murphy's Law....from having my gallbladder removed to kidney stones.....you name it! I am just WAITING for my appendix to explode sometime!

Sooooo....all that being said....how weird would it be if I asked the doc to remove my appendix at the same time as the hyst? I realize they prolly can't do that vaginally....but if they do it abdominally.....would that be feasible? And while we're talking about vaginal vs. abdominal.....isn't it more thorough to do it abdominally?.....as far as looking around at everything? He is also going to do a cystoscopy at the same time. I mean....why not do everything at once??

Any feedback appreciated!! I wanted to talk to you ladies first....don't want my doc to think I'm some kind of hypochondriac, yanno?!! (even tho it just may be true, lol) smoooooooch......Chava
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2003, 07:35 PM

Chava,

I am having my gallbladder and possibly my appendix removed with my tah bso on Oct 23rd. I talk to the surgeon tomorrow, so I'll let you know after I see him, what he says. I'm really nervous about the gallbladder part of it...

blessings,
Mary (though you might know me as faith from the GP)
Unread 10-08-2003, 07:41 PM

Yessss!! Hi, Faith....so good to "see" you! I would very much appreciate hearing what your doc has to say. btw...I had my GB out many years ago.....a surgery unto itself back when it was a major surgery. Even so....it really was fine. I had been sick....vomiting etc. for like 2 YEARS and reflux from heck....on and on. AFTER the surgery I felt GREAT! No more pain or nausea! I have a feeling you'll be just fine!!

Best of luck!! smoooooooch.....Chava
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2003, 07:47 PM

Here's the problem: and it depends on your doctor's feelings

Some docs have a real problem removing healthy organs while other's see it as expedient.

So it depends a lot on what is acceptable in your area, and what your doc is comfotable doing.....me? I'd just as soon have all expendable organs out just for expediency.....but.......

Good Luck ladies

Dilu
Unread 10-08-2003, 07:53 PM

Dilu, my body is like Chava's anything that can go wrong usually does. My Doc found gallstones when he ordered the ct scan and also a appencloith, which I'll find out tomorrow is reason enough to warrant removing my appendix. Of course they also found a cyst on one of my kidney's but Thank You Lord, none of the Doc's have mentioned that and from reading on the net, it is fairly common and usually resolves on it's own. What did we do in the days before the net? Can you imagine going thru all this w/o the support we get here?

Blessings,
Mary
Unread 10-08-2003, 07:56 PM

Mary

Thank God you didn't have kidney problems....I am kind of fond of kidneys, .....

Dilu
Unread 10-08-2003, 08:00 PM

Me too Dilu and appreciate them even more after working in a dialysis clinic for the last 10 months. I'm going to be thinking of all our patients when I'm home recovering, about how brave they are and how little they complain about sitting on a machine for 12 hours a week.

Blessings,
Mary

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register